Small trailer for the Westy

Jackv4

Im looking for opinions on a reasonable priced trailers for the Westy, Is there one that you guys would normally go for? Would prefer new and below 2k, 

Ive had a search on here and found a few old threads but thought ide start this one as theres no doubt more choice out there,  Is the single axle trailers fine as thats what i was thinking about, Just after advice so i dont make a mistake on which way i go.

Cheers Jack

19 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

Is the single axle trailers fine

Yes! Mine is great to tow, easy to manoeuvre and fits in the single garage. 

Ask @maurici about single axle myth busting 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Yes! Mine is great to tow, easy to manoeuvre and fits in the single garage. 

Ask @maurici about single axle myth busting 😁

Yep.

Trailer one wheeler... just fine.

I did explain my experiences somewhere... but cant find the post now

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t rule out a second hand trailer, they all seem to hover around £1000 so you’ll get your money back at the end. 

Ive got single axle (BJ Clubman 170) it’s fine for my Westfield, it’s a bit tight with Lionel on it but still doable, but you won’t get anything bigger than an MX5 on. When we’ve put @Rush Motorsport the 2nd car on with widetrack and massive slicks, it’s very very tight. 

Would recommend though, great trailer especially after having it serviced and with a fairly light tow car.

Great info, The info regarding the single axle trailer was actually my concerns (punture/ loosing wheel) but knowing that puts my mind at ease,

Thanks lads appreciated 

2 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

Great info, The info regarding the single axle trailer was actually my concerns (punture/ loosing wheel) but knowing that puts my mind at ease,

Thanks lads appreciated 

See you at Cadwell Park 😄

When I was looking for a trailer I had the same dilemma as you regarding new or second hand.  In the end I bought new so I didn’t have the worry about the age and condition of brakes and tyres and opted for a 10’x5’7” bed Woodford lightweight.  

When I eventually decided to get rid of it 3years ago it sold for £300 less than I’d bought it for 6 years previously and it had cost me nothing in all those years.

Prices have risen a bit since I bought mine but they’re still a very good value trailer at £1800 new.

http://www.woodfordtrailers.com/lightweight

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Just bought an Ifor Williams ct115 second hand for just over 1k for the westy

Same here. Paid £1200 for mines. Was only 600 miles and 1 year old. I was lucky there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Just bought an Ifor Williams ct115 second hand for just over 1k for the westy

Garry was that dealer or private? I'm heading to Inverness Mon and planning a look at new but used is defo an option

34 minutes ago, Jackv4 said:

Garry was that dealer or private? I'm heading to Inverness Mon and planning a look at new but used is defo an option

Hi Jack it was a private sale and came with a winch and wheel chocks

• Thanks 1

@Jackv4 - look for the tilting platform trailers, no need for the loading ramps makes life much easier ! 

• Thanks 1