Croft 28th October

Kingster

Anyone in Tier 3 that’s going? Lancashire, South York’s - Notts “ in talks” 😔

Some of the tdos have been asking people In their 3 to not attend. And upon licence checking if your from tier 3 will be turned away with no refund. I've only heard of it being done by my favourite tdo tho

My harnesses are dispatched so hopefully I’ll be strapped in by Wednesday, fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, Ben(EBD-ENG) said:

Some of the tdos have been asking people In their 3 to not attend. And upon licence checking if your from tier 3 will be turned away with no refund. I've only heard of it being done by my favourite tdo tho

Interesting. Is one of those Javelin?

Edit: Yep, as of yesterday :( how stupid.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/image/Downloads/Javelin_Covid.pdf

Looks like you'll be getting a credit from Javelin, Andy, once I've filled the forms out @a15cro

42 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Interesting. Is one of those Javelin?

Edit: Yep, as of yesterday :( how stupid.

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/image/Downloads/Javelin_Covid.pdf

Looks like you'll be getting a credit from Javelin, Andy, once I've filled the forms out @a15cro

Thats bad news! I’m reading the update now.

17 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

Just got an email from Javelin.

Note:

Please make sure that you fully understand the Covid-19 Procedures before attending, they have been updated as of today. If you live inside an area that is in Lockdown or under Tier 3 then you will unfortunately not be able to attend the event and must complete the Cancellation Request Form and we will issue a full credit as per our terms and conditions.

Finger's crossed folks!

Yep sadly as per my earlier post...

• Sad 1

I’m checking my inbox and I can’t see any emails from Javelin, what is their sending email address Chris? 

1 hour ago, AdamR said:

how stupid.

by it’s very nature, a Track day is about as “COVID Safe” as it gets in terms of an organised event... 

In fact the way they did it at Knockhill was spot on - online checkin and briefings, then as you drove in the gate they checked your licence and put your armband on. Job done.

After that you can easily distance from people and avoid all close contact while still enjoying the event. 

23 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

DE4EAEE1-E358-486D-8F0E-B10C1B1DE441.jpeg

I’ll have to speak to them, I’ve never received any emails, and on looking back at previous bookings, none from that either. strange 

52 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster said:

by it’s very nature, a Track day is about as “COVID Safe” as it gets in terms of an organised event... 

In fact the way they did it at Knockhill was spot on - online checkin and briefings, then as you drove in the gate they checked your licence and put your armband on. Job done.

After that you can easily distance from people and avoid all close contact while still enjoying the event. 

Indeed.

And travel isn't forbidden.

And outdoor sporting events are specifically permitted.

I might call Javelin and enquire into the reasons why they have come to this decision, interested to see if they have some different information.

Edit: Here's a funny stat. Given the current rate of infection in Lancashire, I have more chance of dying in a car crash in my lifetime (1/240) than I do than having Covid (1/252) right now.