Looking for a Sunday morning breakfast meet?

NatalieT

Our local has started doing breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Kimberly the landlady would more than welcome any car clubs looking for a place to meet - they have a lovely big car park and the menu (pics attached) has lots of choice and great value too :-) Based in the East Mids, just off J13 M42 near Ashby de la Zouch https://www.ferrersarmspub.co.uk/

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg

Great idea @NatalieT however due to the current rule of six, it's not the time to be organising club meets, sorry. Please repost once we're able to meet up again and I'm sure you could be able to arrange something. @Garry Bunn - Derby and Notts AO you're the closest AO, I guess?

Hi @NatalieT, when the current batvirus malarkey has calmed down I'd be up for that (when we aren't all up the Peak District of course!) as I'm only a few miles away. 

I drive past that pub quite often when I'm on a solo blat, the roads around Melbourne, Repton, Ticknall, Swarkstone, etc are great fun in the Westfield 👍

7 hours ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Great idea @NatalieT however due to the current rule of six, it's not the time to be organising club meets, sorry. Please repost once we're able to meet up again and I'm sure you could be able to arrange something. @Garry Bunn - Derby and Notts AO you're the closest AO, I guess?

Ian, 6 people or less is still acceptable and within the government guidelines. I am sure that 6 people would want to attend.

The problem is enforcement, of the numbers, you promote it’s you risk extra members inadvertently turning up on-spec.

You then put AO’s in the unfortunate position of having to turn people away on the spot.

Just now, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

The problem is enforcement, of the numbers, you promote it’s you risk extra members inadvertently turning up on-spec.

You then put AO’s in the unfortunate position of having to turn people away on the spot.

Agreed, so it’s down to the AO to manage. (Part of the role)

This is something it’s unfair to ask an AO to police, on the spot. 

This is a discussion that was begun in the committee area, so that we could set out the club policy, shame you’ve put more input to this thread than that one.

10 hours ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Ian, 6 people or less is still acceptable and within the government guidelines. I am sure that 6 people would want to attend.

Let's have another go at this......... How about @NatalieT or @RobH72 publish a time and date for a meet and limit the numbers to 6 in the same way places for track days etc, are handled on here. They could take advice from @Garry Bunn - Derby and Notts AO and @Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep

e.g. 8:00am, Sat 26th Sep

Add you name to the places below (driver and passenger if attending)

Then if anyone turns up, who's not on the list will unfortunately have to be turned away 

5 minutes ago, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

Let's have another go at this......... How about @NatalieT or @RobH72 publish a time and date for a meet and limit the numbers to 6 in the same way places for track days etc, are handled on here. They could take advice from @Garry Bunn - Derby and Notts AO and @Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep

e.g. 8:00am, Sat 26th Sep

Add you name to the places below (driver and passenger if attending)

Then if anyone turns up, who's not on the list will unfortunately have to be turned away 

It took a long time to get to this suggestion did’nt it!

Happy to advise

2 minutes ago, Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep said:

It took a long time to get to this suggestion did’nt it!

Happy to advise

I do have to sleep occasionally 😉 however like all cats, Bagpuss sleeps with one eye open 😽

Just now, Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO said:

I do have to sleep occasionally 😉 however like all cats, Bagpuss sleeps with one eye open 😽

Let's see if anyone steps forward to run with this and then I suggest it's started as a new thread here- https://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/forum/67-local-area-meets-events-kit-car-shows/

You risk a £200 fine if more than 6 people turn up, I am not that rich.

• Like 1

Good advice, thanks @Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO

@Julie Hall - Peak District AO I'm not that rich either, a fine would probably result in the quickest divorce on record! 😂

More than happy to help organise something small and controlled (sub 6) locally if anyone is interested. I'm quite close to Derby, Tamworth, Nottingham, Leicester etc but due to work commitments I struggle to get to the evening weekday area get togethers that @Garry Bunn - Derby and Notts AO and @Ian Tolfree (tolf) - WSCC AO Rep kindly organise.

@NatalieT let me know and we can have a chat. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Julie Hall - Peak District AO said:

You risk a £200 fine if more than 6 people turn up, I am not that rich.

Thats £200 to be spent on cake then

• Haha 1