Clarkson, psychotic?

7SE

Heinz Wolff was good on The Great Egg Race  :D  :D

Thank you Mark, been driving me potty all evening trying to remember which show he presented.

Personally think clarkson is a lardarse  :arse: who knows little about cars and spends more time trying to make himself look intellectual by being controversial   :bangshead:  :bangshead:   

The egg race quality programme :D  :D

whats Beta grandad ?  

Whre shall I start? I know....

If you watch TV, then apart from the live broadcasts, *everything* is on Betamax.

Live broadcasts are taped on Betamax so they can be repeated/archived etc......  

So that Dolby 5.1 movie you're watching on your Sky box, and listening through your surround sound processor, is coming off a Betamax machine.

whats Beta grandad ?  

Cutting edge broadcast quality, that's what. None of your DVD or VHS rubbish thanks......   :p  :p  :p

Michael Burke

I`m sure it was James Burke.

As youngster I used to love his intense, very well structured explanations (probably influenced my carreers and interests)

He also used to have a little tool pouch clipped to his belt IIRC

See here

jb_box_02a.gif

That's the geezer  :D  :D  :D  So who is Michael Burke  ???  ???

He is the newsreader who also does 999. You know the programe where stupid people get hurt and they renact what happens. My favorite was the farmer who put his arm in a moving machine and was surprised that it got caught. Had to cut his  own arm off with a penknife to get help, top man for guts when faced with this situation but suspect in breeding for being so dumb as to do it in the first place.

We regularly have to dispose of clients troublesome fried old PCs; it's extremely satisfying, taking them to the tip and hurling them into a nice empty skip! They really explode well when they hit the bottom  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Agree on this one. I had a printer that was constantly giving me grief...........so I took it outside and drop kicked it down my drive...............aaaahhhhhhh the satisfaction. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

David

Sorry about the Michael, I had this recollection that it was actually James last night :D  Something to do with a Morcambe and Wise joke that came to mind.

Wasn't there two different James Burkes around at the time ??????

I did think that the programme was good and interesting, apart from the unnecessary violence.

I appear to be in a minority here, although perhaps Scruffy has hit the nail on the head:

He's got a great job though, gets to play with expensive toys and act like a kid all day.....

i.e. Childish! :p