Westfield SE in or around Bristol

thall1

Many thanks !... I’ve looked at mine again compared to yours .. I think that possibly your nose has been cast from a more accurate mould than my original one... My fixing points haven't changed and the nose still fits them, mine has different dimensions on the waist line so I don’t think the material has ‘grown’ due to the fire. 
I may try and rebuild the fire side to match the other side... may as well give it a try first before buying a new one as it can’t get any worse than it is already !

Thanks again and good luck with the IVA!

On 17/09/2020 at 21:17, thall1 said:

Hi Bernard, here’s the photos hopefully showing the bow in the rh side when compared to the lh side. Also there is a difference on the size of the body swage line as shown... if you could have a look at yours and see how mine compares that’ll be really helpful ..

Don't know if that is any helpful, on my sei lowline, when designing 3dprinted  indicator pods, I had to maye them différent left and right.

To have them facing front "square", I had to make one with a 12° angle, and the one on the right needed 15° on the mating face...

image.png.3ab0f6191132a4d200e34d9d17e1d0b8.png

30 years old car, but maybe the mold wasn't that symetrical, and I believe they were cast from each other rather than cnc'ed with spaceship accuracy.

Hi nice- guy, yes thanks for your info... i think the moulds for my 89 body were made by two different guys, one working on the right and another on the left !... the scuttle profile is quite dreadful and ‘does my head in’ every time I lift the bonnet!
I may try and ‘square‘ up both sides once I’ve got the nose top skin stable...