2007 Citroen C1 Shopping Trolley - 31k miles, £600 [Reduced]

Dommo

The best things in life aren't free, they actually cost £800 £600 from some bloke on a Westfield forum. I bought this as a run around with no expectations other than cheap motoring. The previous owner (on here) said it was fun, has character and is a very likeable car. I bought it because it would do 50mpg around town and cost £20 a year to tax. Against the alternative of daily driving an RX-8 or a Discovery V8, it was purely a financial decision. I think it paid for itself in under 6 months.

It's a reasonable modern (ish) antidote to the array of modern cars that adorn our driveways. It left the factory without being saddled with added weight from things such as air conditioning, electric windows, central locking, or a rev counter. Rest assured, the 790kg of mass it left the factory wasn't wasted on such luxuries. That said, it is better kitted than a mk1 Golf which is about the same weight in basic trim.

The 3 cylinder engine is mated to a reasonably long-geared box. Great for economy, but dulls the 0-60 sprint somewhat. All of which means you concentrate on keeping your speed up in the corners, which is amusingly easy to do given the low weight. It's crazy you can have so much fun in a car without breaking any speed limits.

This car did 7.5k miles in its first year, then averaged around 2-3k a year since then. The front wing is dented with a few marks on the bumper and wheel trim. I've been tempted to bolt a new wing on, they're cheap enough on eBay, but I like it as it is. Nobody parks next to it, everyone gives way to it.

The MOT expired over the weekend so I'll put a fresh 12 months on. I'll even fill the petrol tank up (with petrol). Those 35 litres could see it happily sip it's way to another 450 miles on the clock.

Photos to follow, ironically I just have to nip out to fill the RX-8 up! For now, just imagine a blue 3 door C1. Imagine it from the passenger side, that doesn't have the dent in it.

Seriously, this car is great for cheap, fun motoring. Ideal for new driver or 'grown up' alike. Only selling as I need the space on the driveway as I've found a new home for my MX5 turbo engine. Otherwise, even though it doesn't get used much, I'd happily keep it here.

Right, photos!

20200824_191155.jpg

20200824_191143.jpg

20200824_191133.jpg

20200824_191231.jpg

20200824_191204.jpg

And the money shot...

20200824_191211.jpg

That's a CTEK charger cable attached to the battery. Not included in sale, unless you really want it.

20200824_191407.jpg

20200824_191451.jpg

20200824_190004.jpg

It's 30k now, but that might well be 31k by the time it's sold.

Being the lightest model, it would also be the ideal car to form an entry into one of the C1 championships that are getting quite popular.

Love the number plate.

To me it says "Grot Git". :getmecoat:

I'd picked up on the git (which of all of my cars, this is the one it least applies to!), but weirdly never read the full plate 😄

I really want to buy this but have absolutely no need for it whatsoever. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RussH said:

City car Cup racing @RussH we were only talking about it last week.

2 hours ago, RussH said:

That pretty much sums up my driveway right now.

12 months MOT duly added. Only advisories were the nearside tyres are getting worn. That's Swindon syndrome for you (too many roundabouts). I'm open to replacing them or negotiating without.

You also forgot the new clutch, which is a redesign to rectify a known weakness of the original design.

Wow that was a lot of fun! Took it to a track day today (err I mean gave it a full day Italian tune-up), and aside from being a tad underpowered in the straights, it's ridiculous what it will let you do in the corners. I think I had more fun today than I've had on a track day for a very long time. To top it off, the heavens opened towards the end and I went from being the slowest thing out there to the quickest. And then it flooded and I was the only thing out there. Then they closed the circuit the spoilsports. This thing would have run circles around the ark I swear. It was ridiculously competent in those conditions.

20200828_093554.thumb.jpg.05bef8c73f81d641b4ee81fe66fbe898.jpg

20200828_163547.thumb.jpg.e13edc12f5970889ce14239114278b9d.jpg

Anyway, I've reduced the price to reflect that it now definitely wants 4 new tyres soon. Though part of me still wants to keep it, I've just got no more space on the driveway. Now that I work from home, it's lost it's commuting role so despite being enormous fun as a stand in track car, I can't keep it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Advertised this on Pistonheads today, because I just love fielding "what's your best price" calls. As a bit of due diligence, I ran a check on it and the car is not showing as written off. I've updated the advert to remove the references to it being a Cat D (who wants to be wrong on the internet after all?), but not updated the price. Cat D or not, it still has the impressive dent in the wing!

£600 for a whole, fully working car, that's just completed a track day to prove reliability! What more do people want 😄

Sold it for asking price on Facebook owners group within a minute, with a slightly more professional approach than I took with this advert. Got a higher price for it and they were still queuing up. Enthusiastic bunch, I wonder what else I can sell them...

• Like 4

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.