GATSO'S

MikeB

Are Gatso’s good for you? I think the backlash has started and “things” may be happening to them on a much more frequent basis. I believe in the States they don’t have them because people have guns………….and they may shoot them..........shock horror!

Perhaps the majority should take matters into their own hands if this anti motorist government wont listen to us. What would you do about these hellish devices ? :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Nice thing about the ones in the middle of nowhere is that ther is nobody around to hear the 12 bore shotgun.  You could also claim the pheasant was sitting on it!

John

I believe in the States they don’t have them

because people have guns………….and they may shoot them..........shock horror!

Actually we do have a few "photo radar" locations but very, very few and certainly not in all states, or even in different bits of the same city - there are a few in Scottsdale (NE Phoenix) but nowhere else in the city.  

But, get this, they're located on busy urban roads where speed has been an issue, e.g. near schools or junctions where there have been a lot of accidents.  I mean how stupid is that !  They'll never make much money out of them that way...

And you *never* see them outside of built up areas - they have plenty of actual, real, live police officers (shocking isn't it !! ) driving cars who stop people who are speeding and, I still can't get over this, actually speak to them !!

We could do with some of those real live police officers. They could supplement the 3 the UK has for catching people doing other less serious stuff. Like murders and rapes....

But, get this, they're located on busy urban roads where speed has been an issue, e.g. near schools or junctions where there have been a lot of accidents.  I mean how stupid is that !  They'll never make much money out of them that way...

You can't be serious  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Whilst I wouldn't vandalise them myself, I have to say they look pretty good with that smokey charred finish  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

David

I Remember the one on Brighton sea front that was a tragic victim of a hit and run.... flat as a flat thing it was.

Then there was the one at Woodingdean that had been half cut through with an angle grinder before the scally-wag was chased off/caught.

John

Any method is fine by me  :D  :devil: Just have them where needed for safety issues and not fund raising  :D  ;) Let the police get back to do their proper job :)

Nick - Have you been drinkin some southern moonshine  :D  :devil:  :D

That would leave tell tale paint marks on your truck, allowing the police who aren't catching speeders, to stop the burglary report they might be writing (assuming they aren't having a doughnut or something) and go chase another motorist!  

Best bet is the angle grinder, onto the truck and then reposition outside a school, its not our fault it was put in the wrong place, we were just helping you get it positioned just right officer! :D:D:D

Scruffy

Looks like someone has got themselves a rather expensive, if somewhat cumbersome, digi camera. I wonder if Boots can develope the photos.   :devil:  :devil:  :p  :p  :D  :D  :D

David