Thinking about a build later this year

catflap

You could be right there mate, I get too neurotic worrying about how much it could cost LOL

But im a long way off starting anything yet :)  got the summer to enjoy my megablde in first :)

Always bear in mind the two golden rules of engine tuning

a) power costs money - there's no way to avoid this without cutting corners

b) it will always be more expensive than you expected

Not trying to p*** on your chips but you need to be think long and hard about any engine installation.  Doing something different is going to present different problems, like whether it will fit in the chassis, where the exhaust manifolds go, do you need to modify the sump because the engine is 90 degrees from its original orientation, would dry sumping be better, is a dry sump system available / viable, will the bodywork get in the way of the inlet system / air filters, is there room for two silencers, etc., etc., etc.

You need to have a good communication channel with the chassis builder if you're going to be a pioneer with something like a new engine installation.

That’s exactly why I am doing my research nick ;) I though all of that before I even started, and now need to find out what is available and what it could cost….That’s why I posted ;)

To get some answers...as yet im getting the same questions I seem to be asking, just re-frsesed LOL

Supose its difficult to actualy answer unless youve got first hand knolledge, of the afore mentiond engines in a car.

You need to have a good communication channel with the chassis builder if you're going to be a pioneer with something like a new engine installation.

Or, better still, learn to weld and get some welding kit before you start. I wish I'd done this before starting the twin conversion on my car.

Even if you don't have the bottle to weld the chassis mods yourself, you can just tack stuff in place and get it finished off by a pro welder. Also the amount you'll save in fabbing up brackets and other bits and bobs would pay for the welding gear IME. :t-up:

Yup. I thought before I did my conversion that it would be better to let somebody who "knew what they were doing" do the mods on the chassis. In hindsight I could have done a better job myself. Certainly in terms of stuff fitting properly - I think I would have tacked stuff and got it welded up properly later though..

F'rinstance, considering the chassis had the diff fitted and the transfer box & new props were being supplied by the bloke that did the chassis mods - why did the prop clash with a chassis rail?! :devil: Why do the extra bracing tubes in the chassis all get in the way of something?? :devil:

Ho hum.. ???