2 years before a hello...

Dan_G

Lovely, insulation scraped back with a blunt Stanley knife, loose copper strands barely wrapped round each other, and a bucket full of sticky, nasty insulating tape attempting to hold it all together; what could possibly go wrong! :bangshead:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Lovely, insulation scraped back with a blunt Stanley knife, loose copper strands barely wrapped round each other, and a bucket full of sticky, nasty insulating tape attempting to hold it all together; what could possibly go wrong! :bangshead:

That wire is the main ignition feed to the coil. Not ideal positioning but tapped of the correct wire at least, so I just soldered it, covered in liquid tape and electricians tape for good meaaure and routed it a bit better.

The whole car is like that.😟

Then each bodged wire that failed has had a separate cable ran from front to back.🥴

Found this at the back of the car the other day.  Its main wiring for the rear lights, i unwound some tape and it is just twisted together. 😳  i stopped unpealing until I'm armed with my soldering iron and heat shrink.

20200505_133658.thumb.jpg.2589be5f4d715294fabeb82ff3c7c8dc.jpg

• Sad 4