WSCC 2020 Blyton event and Speed Series

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Poll - WSCC 2020 Blyton event and Speed Series  

41 members have voted

1. 1. If the WSCC Blyton sprint is possible will you attend?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we start the season on 1st July you intend to compete in a reasonable percentage of the remaining 21 events i.e. 8 or more

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If we start the season on 1st Aug do you intend to compete in a reasonable number of the remaining 14 events i.e. 6 or more

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I suspect the poll is a little too black and white to probably capture the nuances of most peoples situation.

I think the timing in July would, if it did go ahead, make it one of the first events so that clearly carries some risk in terms of both attracting entries and support from officials and helpers to make it happen.

I have some uncertainty as to whether my car will be fixed.  I am waiting parts to be made by businesses that are currently closed and I don't know when they will reopen etc.

Having said that if it looks feasible to go ahead, practically and commercially, I would wish to try and support it if I can. Its John's last year too.

I am in the camp where I am starting to consider our cure for Covid to be somewhat out of proportion now to the risks and the collateral damage in particular to the economy and shutting down most of the health service will in the longer term lead to more lost life years than we will be saving. As such I would like to see more effort going in to get things moving back to normal as far as possible.

But with the policy the powers that be are taking I can't see such an event happening quite so soon.  August or September maybe but not July.

There's probably no right answer so I would align with adrians view to manage economic exposure in such circumstances.

• Like 1

Something that has occurred to me is that whilst some have the luxury of motorhomes etc, what about officals and those who would normally stay in B&B / hotels? If they arent open for business then there is a bit of a problem.

• Like 2

You are right John and its one of the things I have been thinking about including whether some of the marshals can attend or want to attend as they are a little older than some and more vulnerable. Start line marshals will be close together and everyone attending would need to be self sufficient in terms of food etc and even toilets may be an issue. Signing on, scrutineering etc all pose problems that we might not be able to resolve. It is really difficult but I do not think we are at risk financially as we have not paid any deposits. 

It's an awful situation to deal with and the easies thing would be to cancel but let's wait and see how thing go over the next 4 weeks. Everyone's patience and understanding is appreciated and we will do our best for the club.

• Like 2

Can I just ask has the club received any money from MSUK yet? Did we make an application for a grant and was it successful? It may reduce our financial risk as Adrian has highlighted.

13 hours ago, John said:

Something that has occurred to me is that whilst some have the luxury of motorhomes etc, what about officals and those who would normally stay in B&B / hotels? If they arent open for business then there is a bit of a problem.

Don't they call that solution 'a tent'?

😄

I'm just messing, good to know the committee is considering everything from all angles.

If anyone has ideas about applying for a grant for the Motorsport Uk please let the Andy Banks or myself know your ideas. At the moment I do not think the club is at risk financially

13 hours ago, Terry Everall - WSCC Competition Secretary said:

If anyone has ideas about applying for a grant for the Motorsport Uk please let the Andy Banks or myself know your ideas. At the moment I do not think the club is at risk financially

Terry it’s not an idea it’s there for the taking. I assumed we must have applied. Did you not know anything about it? Bit of a no brainier surely?

Clubs are expected to use all government guidance and support available to them before considering applying for the funds.

The Motorsport UK Club Continuity Funds should be a last resort for clubs who are able to demonstrate that after taking all reasonable steps and without a level of intervention, they will struggle to resume activities as a direct result of COVID-19.

It’s not a huge pot available and may have to stretch a long way. 

At the moment we don't fit the basic criteria to request a grant or a loan as we are not at financial risk and our Speed Series is not affected other than we cant start. We do not have any outstanding outlay for event organisation, T Shirts etc as far as I am aware. 

• Thanks 1

Exactly. There are many recipients out there in urgent need. We aren't amongst them, thankfully. At this point, I'm not sure it would sit well, potentially diverting focus from those others.

• Thanks 1

I'd be prepared to do two runs back to back and then marshal. I haven't marshaled for a few years but in my time have done track and speed marshaling for the VSCC including start line.

• Like 1

Blyton Park Corona virus measures - update 11-5-2020

Due to the UK government announcing yesterday that returning to work is actively encouraged, we at Blyton Park are pleased to announce that given we are an outdoor activity we are now re-open and available for bookings so long as the customers adhere to strict social distancing rules.
We are asking all our customers follow government guidelines on hygiene and protocol to minimise the risk of contracting the Corvid-19 virus, clearly anyone showing signs of a constant cough or high temperature should stay at home in self isolation.
We are also implementing the following measures to help reduce the risk to our staff and customers.

1, All the main buildings will remain closed for now, so all signing on and briefings will be held outside to give both more space between people and a ventilated environment. For private testing, a member of staff will drop off a clip board with the required documentation for you to fill in and leave to be collected, these will be only used once and disinfected each day. Where ever possible, we would ask that you fill in these forms electronically via email from, and back to, the circuit when the booking is taken.

2, The toilet block will remain open and available for use, but the café will remain closed.

3, The only method of payment will be credit card or bank transfer in advance, no cash or cheques will be accepted.

4, Customers MUST maintain social distancing rules whilst on site. This means parking at least 4 meters away from each other, staying at least two meters apart when not in your cars, no passengers or in car instruction unless it is a member of your household.

Anyone who doesn’t apply the social distancing rules whilst on site will be asked to leave, we are very serious about the situation and must follow the guidelines to allow the country to slowly start and operate on the road back to normal. The steps outlined above will continue to be monitored and adjusted as government policy changes.

The management and staff at Blyton Park thank you for your understanding and co-operation in our attempts to work through this difficult time for all of us, lets help each other stay safe!

This announcement has direct impact on the Friday trackday and this will be looked at by the committee. The Sprint will be dependent upon Motorsport Uk and our ability to attract enough entries as well as all the support personnel we need.

MS Uk need to act asap to give you an option/chance?