Even in Lockdown you need to start that engine!!

AndrewBClarke

Fully intend on putting our Westy back on the road at the start of May as is normal for us - weather dependant of course. Absolutely no reason it shouldn't be used for the once a week essential shopping trip. With just the driver there's plenty of space for the essentials. No tongue in cheek here either - it'll be straight to and straight back from the usual closest Tesco, no 200 mile round trips for a loaf of bread.

Should have put it on 1st April really - our annual holiday at the end of April has been cancelled of course, and the weather has been nice of late and I actually got round to putting the Jeep on SORN at the end of March.

• Like 3

On 17/04/2020 at 15:36, Ali and Gail said:

Hi mate, I hope your well. I use my Harley on nice days to go to work as I know a lot of other bikers do, I did the last 2 days, but I'm sure there's a lot taking the p..s as well. When Mrs P is back on the road I'll use it to go to work. I don't think there's any harm if it's an essential journey using what ever you have in garage. 

Yeah I get that. It's the guys on 'sports bikes' I am refering too. I'm sure some are comuting to work.

... but not down back roads at 7pm on a Sunday using well over 10,000rpm! :)

I've used the toy car for commuting and shopping a few times these last few weeks to keep it all running sweet, no harm done IMO.

• Like 2

I found an opportunity to start up the mega S2000. Looking forward to going for a run after lockdown is lifted....

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine out today. Just to sweep out the garage ;)

• Like 4

As threatened, ours is taxed and back on the road. I see no reason not to use it for the once a week shopping trip - might as well enjoy the brief trip out in some some small way. Not as if queueing to get into Tesco only to find half the stuff you want isn’t on the shelves creates much joy.

• Like 5