Even in Lockdown you need to start that engine!!

AndrewBClarke

Videos are set to private?

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Videos are set to private?

Reset. Sorry - novice. 

• Haha 1

Fantastic!

• Like 1

Great to hear you and your Westfield Andrew, thank you!

• Like 1

LOL - I needed to get mine out of the garage and onto the drive yesterday - I could easily have pushed it out, but I used the opportunity to fire it up and get some heat into it for the first time in many weeks (and only the second time since last October...)

Mine doesn't sound like yours though, Andrew....

Just now, NigelO said:

LOL - I needed to get mine out of the garage and onto the drive yesterday - I could easily have pushed it out, but I used the opportunity to fire it up and get some heat into it for the first time in many weeks (and only the second time since last October...)

Mine doesn't sound like yours though, Andrew....

Post it up!  Good to hear everyone’s engine not just mine. Gives you an excuse to start it up again :) 

About every 9 weeks I run mine in the garage until warm.

Even with a fuel stabiliser in the petrol I'm guessing the octane rating must be reducing after 20 weeks off the road so far.

It's a good idea to brim the tank before storing and make sure the tank is properly sealed (pop a pipe clamp on the breather - and of course a ribbon/note on the steering wheel to remind you it's there!).

It's lack of vapour pressure and exposure to fresh air that kills the Octane rating and other light fractions in the petrol (which will evaporate off if the fuel tank isn't sealed), brimming it reduces the air volume the fuel can evaporate into and sealing the breather allows a pressure head to form and stop continuous evaporation over time.

I'm not too strict personally but always fill up with super if the car has been stood for any length of time :yes:

• Thanks 1

Hi Paul. Yes I brimmed the tank late nov 2019 before Sorn but if the car is to be laid up for many more months I wished I had filled with a higher octane as you have stated. I'll remember that for future

Eventually when I get back on the road I'll just take it easy until old fuel used up.

• Like 1

Sorry, slight drift, but does anyone else think that it seems motorcyclists are 'exempt' form the lock down. Suns out and they are everywhere. Cant all be on essential travel.

I keep thinking of getting the Westie out while the roads are quiet 😐

2 hours ago, shrops-paul said:

Sorry, slight drift, but does anyone else think that it seems motorcyclists are 'exempt' form the lock down. Suns out and they are everywhere. Cant all be on essential travel.

I keep thinking of getting the Westie out while the roads are quiet 😐

I was thinking along these lines, my road is a route for the hoards as it contains a section of interest. Substantially less traffic than before but still they are out and about.😷

21 hours ago, Snags said:

I was thinking along these lines, my road is a route for the hoards as it contains a section of interest. Substantially less traffic than before but still they are out and about.😷

Motor bikes & MAMIL cyclists everywhere in the roads round me. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, shrops-paul said:

Motor bikes & MAMIL cyclists everywhere in the roads round me. 

I had to google MAMIL 😂

On 13/04/2020 at 09:44, AndrewBClarke said:

Just for fun, have a go and put up your video!! I tried and they are linked below. Endeavoured to make it funny but it is surprisingly difficult and I don't really sound like that do I?

It was great to get into the Little Beast and do a warm up even though not allowed out on the road.

Not to get too technical - I might show my lack of knowledge - Rover V8 3.5ltr 200BHP, carbs so smells wonderful, underslung exhaust, Powerlite starter with power cables from the national grid, and a very noisy Holly fuel pump!

GO ON - HAVE A GO!!  

Best sounding Westfield by far 

• Like 1