Just been taxed!!!!!!!!

chazpowerslide

I stopped on a double yellow outside work this evening to pick up my electric drill.

(I had the kids in the car so I did not want to unload and walk 1/4 of a mile to the restaurant from the nearest car park)

I got out of the car at 4:42 (by the in car clock) ran upstairs to my office to collect my drill and on the way down again one of my Managers told me that the Traffic Wardens wanted me to move the car or they'd ticket it.

By the time I got outside one of the wardens had already started to write the ticket (the other was the one who said to my Deputy Manager that the car needed to be moved immediatly) which I waited for her to finish.

When I got back into the car the clock said 4:44, I'd been less than two minutes.

The ticket says from 16:40 to 16:45 and the name of the street is wrong (it says ST Andrews St instead of Regent St)

Do these b******ds have to wait a certain ammount of time before the ticket is issued?

I have at least two witnesses to say the car was only un-attended for a maximum of two minutes.

The times on the ticket are a blatent lie.

TBH I'm pretty furious.

Any advice will be well welcome, as I'm not intending to shut up and pay up.

Chaz

the name of the street is wrong (it says ST Andrews St instead of Regent St)

Surely that should be enough - you weren't parked where the ticket says you were parked!  Can't see them re-issuing a new ticket.

:p:p:p to all traffic wardens :p:p:p

chaz not that i am a legal mind but i would have thought that as your car was not in the place that the ticket said and you have witnesses there has not been an offence commited they have to be correct in there information on the paperwork,and a miss is as good as a mile,Cheers Davem

Looks like they've taken a decision to persecute criminals, rather than motorists, if you take the optimists view. I doubt a traffic warden running after me will be enough to secure a speeding conviction.........

If they have writen the wrong details down then you should not have to pay.

I got away with somethig simmilar a year ago when they wrote my number plate wrong. :durr:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

which I waited for her to finish.

I know it doesn'r seem very British, but if anyones in this situation, just (carefully) drive off, a warden is not allowed to try and attach a ticket to the moving vehicle (doh! but its health and safety regs) If you can drive off before the ticket is issued to you, they effectively have to tear it up  :D

Felt guilty the first time I did this, but not the second or third  :p

Thanks for the replys so far.

I know I really should not have parked there.

The bottom line for me is that these people have absolutly scruples.

They assume that they can put whatever bulls*** they want on the tickets and they won't challenged.

I think I'm going to court with this one, any more advice will be appreciated.

Chaz.

Thoughts for what they are worth.  :D

1) Car was not left unattended (kids were in it)

2) You were loading, weren't you  :D  :D  :D

Hope this helps

Nick

Another thought the road that they have put on the ticket does it have parking restrictions on it. If not how can they issue a ticket? ;)

Just to add my experience. I parked in a 40 minute waiting zone for two days. However, the ticket had (something like) 9:00 - 9:35 on it (i.e. less than the 40 minutes stipulated).

I wrote a polite letter to the address on the ticket, indicating the error and asking why I had been ticketed incorrectly. I was told to forget the fine :)

If the details are wrong, definately question it.

Andy

1) Car was not left unattended (kids were in it)

2) You were loading, weren't you

I am with Mr A on this.

Only in England can we screwed over so much buy the government, there was a time people would die for the good of the country, I am sure most people now would not even turn off the TV.

God did I just say that I am sounding like my Granddad

Just remember England invented the traffic warden.

*Cough* Sweden came up with the speed camera *cough*

Er, the car was unattended, as the children are not capable of moving it when requested by a person who has the authority to make such a request, such as a traffic warden or police officer.

Leaving children un-attended in a car (was the engine running?) may be an offence, depending on how old the children are.......

The wrong street thing is the way to go.....

Hi Ian,

I agree - incorrect details on ticket, case closed - there must be some info out there in the interweb for how best to approach these things?

I'd be surprised and disappointed if it got as far as court!

The traffic wardens are always loitering around outside there - I assume it was outisde Robert Sayle area?

Bloomin' rediculous, there must be other areas of town which actually need policing in this way.

Good luck with the reprieve - we going to see your cars in a finished state this year?

Dave