North East Area Highland Fling 2020

Kingster

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

what time do you normally crack off in the morning

That’s a rather personal question 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

don’t put to much faith in the 5 1/2 hrs to do it in it will take longer. 

Oh yes we know that all too well!

The route was really just an idea to see what others thought. We’ve done Ullapool to Durness and then onto Tongue before so have a good idea of what there 👍

• Like 1

Ok so Trina and me will crack up to  Invercassley, Rosehall on the A837 on the Friday evening, tag on as you all pass Saturday morning then we’re staying at the station hotel Thurso then home on the Sunday 😁

• Like 1

Ok so Trina and me will crack up to  Invercassley, Rosehall on the A837 on the Friday evening, tag on as you all pass Saturday morning then we’re staying at the station hotel Thurso then home on the Sunday 😁

That's great Gary - will be good to see you and Trina again!

I'll keep you posted with our routes - which will no doubt change 20 times in the days before we head off 😁

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, simon walton said:

Very interested, can do both dates in June but only the 16th in July 

It's all booked for the 16th - 20th.

You are very welcome to join in, but will need to find your own accommodation now. :yes:

Thanks , can you send me the details of your accommodation ? I can then see what’s available,and what’s your starting point ? 

Will do. But basically start from Newcastle upon Tyne just north of Tyne tunnel, stopovers at Tyndrum, Dornoch, Thurso and Kinross. 

I'll be heading back from Thurso on the Sunday if you want go on that day... 👍 

So with @simon walton joining us were up to 20 bodies and 17 cars. Should be a hoot!

@KennyP maybe Simon could join you on the epic journey from the southern regions? (You two are mad) 😁

Hi Simon, welcome to the tour. I'm travelling up from Romford in east London on the Wednesday and staying over with a mate on North Tyneside so I can be there for the start of the tour. Normally I'd set out after the morning rush hour for the drive up, but unfortunately this year family commitments mean I won't be able to set out until early to mid afternoon. If you fancy meeting up en -route that would be cool, but if it's cutting it a bit fine for you to leave so late I'll completely understand. If you're looking for somewhere to stay though, there's a Premier Inn one junction up the A19 from the start point which is very handy. Here:   https://www.google.com/maps/place/Premier+Inn+Newcastle+(Holystone)+hotel/@55.0159751,-1.524598,14z/data=!4m12!1m3!2m2!1shotel!6e3!3m7!1s0x0:0x2eaf1796d1bc0d5f!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d55.0268383!4d-1.5232641

Ken

57 minutes ago, KennyP said:

there's a Premier Inn one junction up the A19 from the start point

I forgot about that one as it’s a fairly recent addition - but ideal location 👍

Thanks to both of you and I will book premier inn , not sure what time I’m heading up but will keep in touch 

• 1 month later...

Obviously with the current situation all of our Area runs and meets are off for now. 

We will see how things pan out as we get closer to July and fingers are firmly crossed!

Fortunately all of our accommodation was booked with free cancellation right up until the day prior to arrival - so a last minute decision  can be made as the time approaches. 

Stay safe!

• Like 1