North East Area Highland Fling 2020

Kingster

If it helps I booked a cottage in Dornoch a week after we have the tour booked purely by chance. They havnt closed hotels, B&B's etc after end of May yet. Anything previous to that day has been canned with 1 Yr postponement on bookings. I'd guess the rest will be following suit. Tide mark being fluid is end of May I'd guess. 

Fingers crossed 

Wuhan has just started to open up after lockdown started Jan 23rd - so if (big if) we are looking for a clue on timescales, then we are probably going to be scoobied for 2 months, so July is “possible”.

Not a ******’ chance 😕 I’m in Japan just now. They have it pretty much under control (as does China, Korea, etc.). People are still going about their daily business, restaurants and businesses are open, markets are busy, public transport running pretty much a normal service (very few cancelled trains). Hand sanitizers everywhere, and people encouraged to use them, people do what they’re told, look after others, have respect for authority and do what the government advises. Japan has twice the population of the UK, and around a tenth of the number of active cases currently.

Brits constantly go against best advice (‘cos Karen on Facebook says holding your breath suffocates the virus) and just won’t follow government instruction. I’m not holding my breath (sorry 🙄) but the UK is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and that will take time.

I hope I’m wrong ...

Cheers,

Brian

(having to cut the holiday short and not looking forward to getting home 😕)

If I go out in my Westfield and don't actually go anywhere, just end up where I started, does that still count as a "journey"?

I rarely know if I'm coming or going... especially when I'm in my Westie! 😉

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Mobile repairs with Stumpy 

83338C88-16AB-4728-A5E1-1EAC35D90F5F.jpeg

B6657FAC-764C-41D2-B3C0-F63C68FF19C0.jpeg

note - no Westfields were harmed during this episode 😁

• Like 5

Had a mixed day of heavy rain and bright sunshine. But nice at Ullapool now 

EE51AAAD-868C-497B-8937-6C1C1D3B320A.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 5

The Glenshee road sure is nice. Stopped for coffee n cake 

9CBB640B-9C88-4B38-B948-86C1F6F5B72A.jpeg

• Like 3

Eventful day. Tiger blew it’s head gasket - guess the egg/radweld didn’t hold. Both Caterhams lost their alternators. One failed the other snapped a bracket. Both got to hotel though. The snapped bracket meant a short ribbed belt had to be used. Unbelievably one of the lads had one the exact right Size!

D13C0FD0-4CF2-4AD0-ADBD-C22858D2F41D.jpeg

D41E3BCC-8CA8-4952-B2D8-DE5ACB99CF71.jpeg

but the roads were sublime! (Even in the wet)

8E5E050F-0F1D-4C14-B2C8-C0410148C22B.jpeg

• Like 4