Peak District Run Out, Ashbourne, 10.30, Sat 30th Nov CANCELLED

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at M&S, Ashbourne, DE6 1DU, 10.30am for a journey right through the beautiful Peak District to a new pub for a nice lunch, before tackling a magnificent hilly road seldom used by our car club. This will bring us to a cafe, also seldom used by us, which just happens to sell the home baked sugary stuff.

The current forecast is dry and cold, perfect then, anyone joining us?

Edited by Julie Hall - Peak District AO
Cancelled due to change of plan

Alas, SS Awards night and the committee meeting on the Sunday mean it’s a no from me, this week.

• Sad 1

Sorry, but I'll have to miss this one unfortunately. 

I have to make myself look pretty (which takes a looooong time!) for my works Xmas party 😂

• Haha 1

Arrangements are changing, so if you are thinking of coming (like, nobody is, but just in case you are 😀) please drop me a PM and I will update you when I have made it up

Sorry Julie, we are still out of action. Hope you have a great day out!

Well that was different. Due to lack of people daft enough to bring their Westfield out today (I would have if you would!) we still decided to carry on regardless, only in our other cars. Scrapping Ashbourne and instead meeting @BillyPee and Bill senior at Sparrowpit we went to the Yonderman for tea and mince pies to start the day. Soft tops rule today.

DSC00441.JPG.71f1fa064047e44874e9df3a880a7a65.JPG

We detoured to take a route through Chatsworth Park and found some sunshine

DSC00445.JPG.270e730ebdab7a38dbd55ce883b9dea0.JPG

Oooh, it's so hot in here, doors, a sun visor even, what luxury as we passed Edensor church

DSC00447.JPG.43d5d444dab9e2a1c531ac7e5fce0b6a.JPG

Chatsworth, but that isn't the house!

DSC00449.JPG.76dad11fd6aad6117d70b8e277e33370.JPG

Edensor Church

DSC00451.JPG.bd5394e64c88dbd87a56675b8c345047.JPG

Catching up my original intended route along the country lanes we were getting onto higher ground

DSC00460.JPG.921884a1626a622af77617751ddbb07b.JPG

And we found the fog that did not lift up here, even after lunch

DSC00464.JPG.900fc94616a3d771147d8c2889785e78.JPG

We had lunch at the Red Lion, Stannage where Bill junior got 'chip envy' as Glen had fish and chips with mushy peas and curry sauce, while Bills steak ciabatta came with only vegetable crisps and salad - a bit of a healthy option that one. All was made better when Julie stopped mid sentence - wow - as the electric blue mini dress clad lady walked into the bar area, mental note, get the boys to face the bar next time we go here.

Parked at the Red Lion Peak Edge

DSC00466.JPG.77aa8dadf8243e102853c3f2a27cc69c.JPG

DSC00467.JPG.75edb7e08391dfb47f2a5e5f3af31de7.JPG

In order to balance Bill's diet and to stretch the legs of that lovely straight six Porsche engine we set off up the mighty Slack Hill to bring us to the Fountain at Bonsall for cake. The lemon and blueberry cake was nice, as was the Victoria sandwich cake, but on being told that the banana and hazelnut cake had just come out of the oven Bill took no time in deciding that was the one for him. I still think he is turning into a bit of a health freak though, bananas and nuts are both vegan and healthy. I will have to reconsider your future membership to the Peak District if this kind of behaviour carries on 😀

DSC00470.thumb.JPG.796e5a0953841c49ccb79d2c8f51e141.JPG

With a serious lack of suffering today with our wonderfully comfortable cars, lets hope next Saturday is slightly better weather and we will see you all at GBS for totally unhealthy German sausages. Thank you to Bill and Bill for coming out with us today, albeit in the wrong cars, it was still good fun working out the quirks of our strange little cars.

• Like 5

Where’s the photo of the ‘electric blue mini dress clad lady’?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have invited her to GBS for you 😛

• Like 2