What 3 words

CraigHew

2 hours ago, IanK (Bagpuss) said:

I wonder if there’s any intelligence in the software to ensure it doesn’t generate bloopers such as 

cut head off

dog is dead

feds at door

car is sold

etc.

Somebody has a warped sense of humour, cut.head.doff takes you to a place in Libya!

1 minute ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Somebody has a warped sense of humour, cut.head.doff takes you to a place in Libya!

You know me too well :praise:

I like this. I normally use Waze as my sat nav in the Westy. You can get a destination on three words and using waze navigate to the place.

This great for arranging a meet up in an unfamiliar place.

Coordinates using numbers transcend language.

Apparently what3words been around since 2013.

saw online  https://support.what3words.com/en/articles/2212835-is-what3words-more-accurate-than-gps

"Is what3words more accurate than GPS?

Written by Chloe Day 
Updated over a week ago

No. what3words uses GPS to return 3 word addresses which are conversions of latitude, longitude coordinates. We still rely on GPS connections, which is why sometimes your location may come up as slightly different to where you actually are, or why your phone will give new results for your 3 word location when you have not moved."