Curborough Sprint Course, Sat 24th August

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Curborough Sprint Course, Lichfield, WS13 8EJ ,10.30/11am for a wander into the paddocks to see some of the Speed Series folks and watch them on track. Afterwards we can pop up into the Peak District, perhaps to Wetton for some lunch if anyone fancies it.

Hope to see some of you there xxx

• Like 2

Will try and make this one! 

I shall be there, but can't make the blatt as I am going to a lunch time party.

• Like 1

'Camping' in Buxton this weekend.

Have a good day out..:sun:

I have a very rare Saturday off, so weather permitting, it would be a bit rude for me not to be there, especially as I'm only about 6 miles away

• Like 2

Will try. I’ll post a yes/no nearer the time. Have to complete an expert witness statement for a court case which needs to be complete before I can commit. :)  At least I now have the added incentive to get  down to it. 

• Like 2

I Julie just seen your post

we keep saying we will round the troupes up and try to meet up 

is it ok if we manage to get together to meet up sat and join the run 

I cannot promise at this point  but will let you know if I can get other  inmates on a pass out from h m p barnsley

thanks 

• Like 1

Doh, just realised it's Gold Cup weekend, (thought it was the week after, for some reason), I'm out I'm afraid, as I'll be at Oulton Park too much of the rest of the weekend to do Saturday as well.

• Sad 1

On 20/08/2019 at 09:36, AndrewBClarke said:

Will try. I’ll post a yes/no nearer the time. Have to complete an expert witness statement for a court case which needs to be complete before I can commit. :)  At least I now have the added incentive to get  down to it. 

Not finished what I need to but all work and no play makes a dull Andrew so coming!  Takes 2 1/2 hrs to Curborough so leaving 7.45am. Hopefully not too much bank holiday traffic!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AndrewBClarke said:

Takes 2 1/2 hrs to Curborough so leaving 7.45am.

Ouch - ten minutes for me - I guess our jolly later in the day should make your return journey a bit shorter!

• Like 1

Thank you for all your replies, I wish those with alternative plans a very good weekend and hope to see you next time. We will be joined by our good friends, The Yorkshire Terriers, so the plan is to finish up t'North on ground familiar to them. 

We will leave Curborough when the track closes for lunch, approx 12 -12.30, and travel through Ashbourne, diverting off left onto Nigel's favourite lanes of Dove Dale to arrive in Wetton (DE6 2AF), 1 hour 10 minutes later. We will have lunch in Wetton and I recommend that you have the homemade cakes that are on offer there too.

From there we will back whack North, across country for 1 hour, until we get to the Travellers Rest at Bradwell (S33 9HG). This is a convenient pit stop before leaving the Yorkshire crew to pass the petrol station, which is 1 mile away at Sickleholme, and carry on their journey North towards the dams at Ladybower.

Look forward to seeing you all in the morning

• Like 2