Lovely day out.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Had a lovely day out today with my friend Graham as a birthday treat for him.

We met some great people today and also saw quite a number of lovely vehicles on the roads.

We kept away from main roads all day between our stops, and travelled through beautiful countryside and moorland on single track roads which I love.

We enjoyed a little swim through the ford on our travels.

We visited and stopped at quite a few places but the two best ones where the motor museum at Thornton Le Dale and Grosmont engine sheds.

Very interesting vehicles in the motor museum and a lot are up for auction.

Dinner was at the Crown in Hutton Le Hole which does brilliant food.

Engine sheds at Grosmont was as always, very interesting.

Here are a few pictures of our day.

IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

IMG_5604.jpeg

IMG_5601.jpeg

IMG_5629.jpeg

IMG_5635.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg

IMG_5591.jpeg

IMG_5593.jpeg

IMG_5624.jpeg

IMG_5620.jpeg

• Like 4

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO the photo suggests that you drove Buttercup through the ford, so did you? 

The more we keep watching Bangers and Cash, the more Glen informs me that we are going to visit there, so I am glad you have put some photos up of the place. We last went about 10 years ago and the museum was tiny and really old fashioned, it smelt lovely though.

Hi @Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO Yes we did drive through the ford. Its always a great bit of fun.

The museum was very interesting. Some very interesting cars but not in such as good a condition as I would have thought but then that's what makes some of them fascinating.

The museum is closed for one week before and after an auction so best ring before you go.

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO thank you for that essential piece of info, we would have just upped and gone and it would have pigged me right off if it had been closed after travelling all that way. Thank you xxx

• Like 1

On 14/07/2019 at 21:33, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO     the photo suggests that you drove Buttercup through the ford, so did you? 

The more we keep watching Bangers and Cash, the more Glen informs me that we are going to visit there, so I am glad you have put some photos up of the place. We last went about 10 years ago and the museum was tiny and really old fashioned, it smelt lovely though.

were of to a log cabin near to east of York      2 nd august we are off to the agricultural show at Thornton le dale

its every year so may call on way to museum has its near show ground   oh and Julie what smeled lovely the old man

• Haha 1