Favourite food

BigSkyBrad

6 hours ago, Dean Goodall said:

‘Suum Cuique.

I cant help thinking them things were trying to wriggle off the bread when the photo was taken. 

'To each his own' 😄    But seriously, if you love seafood, NZ whitebait are such a sublime and delicate taste.

Another favourite is my mum's kidney, liver and bacon pan-stew, with silverbeet and potatoes on the side. Growing up on a cattle and sheep farm saw to that, and there's not much I don't eat or won't give a go. Bizarrely, two things I don't like is raw tomatoes, and celery!

My daughter-in-law has Chinese heritage and her mum used to run a very successful Chinese restaurant in NSW. DiL always knocks something together when opportunity presents. My Good Lady's toad-in-the-hole is pretty good too though, just for the sake of domestic harmony!

pOMxTZU.png

1BOiCi6.png

7ivKqmm.png

@Man On The Clapham Omnibus Oooo, that all looks gooood! Especially that egg in the soup, soaking up the flavour.

I miss stockman pies from back home. It's a individual (1-serving) pastry pie filled with spicy/herby mincemeat, a whole egg is cracked in on top of the mince, then a big wheel of tomato, then cheese, and finally the pastry top - the egg sucks up the flavour of the mince, so nice.

Sounds very naughty Brad, the health police will be on your back for that!

Sadly my Oriental daughter-in-law lives in Sydney in marital bliss with my son, son we don't get to enjoy her culinary skills very often. :(

On 03/06/2019 at 09:25, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

My daughter-in-law has Chinese heritage and her mum used to run a very successful Chinese restaurant in NSW. DiL always knocks something together when opportunity presents. My Good Lady's toad-in-the-hole is pretty good too though, just for the sake of domestic harmony!

pOMxTZU.png

1BOiCi6.png

7ivKqmm.png

My kind of food and just the sort of dishes wifey knocks up👍

Pasta with Pesto. I make my own pesto 'cos it's easy, and if I'm in the mood for spicy I blend in a couple of bird-eye chilli's. Pasta for me is proper comfort food and with a bit of garlic bread on the side I'm a very happy bunny.

Since getting married to a Scottish lass, must say I have become rather partial to haggis neeps and tatties yum yum, also scotish chip shops spicy haggis in batter is dam good when we go up there lol

On 30/05/2019 at 17:13, Steve (sdh2903) said:

A good steak for me. Best one being one I had in Argentina. Never had a steak like it before or since. 

Aah yes Argentinian steaks.

DSCF3466.JPG

IMGP2235crop.JPG

IMGP2432.JPG

33 minutes ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

Aah yes Argentinian steaks.

DSCF3466.JPG

IMGP2235crop.JPG

IMGP2432.JPG

That looks like one big stake lol

Yep it wasn't the best steak I've ever had but it was the biggest....lol.

I remember enjoying a similar sized steak in Buenos Aires, at a restaurant with a huge fire in the window circled by sides of beef. It was in the early 1990’s on a work trip, shortly after the Falklands War and I was advised to be an Australian, my accent was pretty bad but I stayed safe. Food was great.

8 hours ago, Chrisn01 said:

Since getting married to a Scottish lass, must say I have become rather partial to haggis neeps and tatties yum yum, also scotish chip shops spicy haggis in batter is dam good when we go up there lol

If you like haggis (as I do too) then try Haggetti, basically spag bol made with haggis rather than minced beef....Can't remember where we discovered it but it on our menu at least once per month....

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CraigHew said:

If you like haggis (as I do too) then try Haggetti, basically spag bol made with haggis rather than minced beef....Can't remember where we discovered it but it on our menu at least once per month....

That sounds awsome, just sitting next to the Mrs now talking her into it  lol 

• Like 1