Lithium battery questions

Simon Waterfall Syman84

Think the way Dave explains it is the easiest for our applications. Though Craig isnt wrong either.

If your having starting issues a gel or conventional battery will keep turning it over for longer because it has more capacity.

But the Lithium's generally have plenty of current output for most engines, 

One area that they are good at is that they charge much quicker, remember reading a post about it on Up Hill Racers a while back and this dose seem to be the case in my experience

• 1 month later...

OK so after doing one event with a new battery ps-09 where I was having starting issues on day 2. I have come home and put the battery on charge. Couple of hours later up to 14.5v so thought all was fine then within the next 2 hours down to12.5v and this morning 11.3v

There is also a slight bulge to the battery so put it out side last night just in case. I think it's knackered but will I be blamed because I have an Anderson socket on the car and when it struggled to start used a lead acid battery to boost. 

Cheers

Several people have blamed teh batteries recently for faults when in fact it turns out to be something else. Check that you dont have something draining to earth before condemning it

34 minutes ago, John said:

Several people have blamed teh batteries recently for faults when in fact it turns out to be something else. Check that you dont have something draining to earth before condemning it

It was the fan belt being loose that meant it wasn't getting a good enough charge. I just think that because it has now bulged from being charged and not maintaining 12v there may be a problem how long would they normally take to charge? 

2 hours ago, syman84 said:

It was the fan belt being loose that meant it wasn't getting a good enough charge. I just think that because it has now bulged from being charged and not maintaining 12v there may be a problem how long would they normally take to charge? 

Ring the vendor and seek advice. A bulge does not sound good. I assume you used the special charger? He should replace it if it was a recent purchase

1 minute ago, John said:

Ring the vendor and seek advice. A bulge does not sound good. I assume you used the special charger? He should replace it if it was a recent purchase

Yes special charger that came with it. I will give Allan at A&g Motorcycles a call as I had it from him last month so first time I have used it this weekend. 

Thanks

On 16/07/2019 at 12:03, John said:

Spoken to Allan agreed possible issue and sending me a replacement straight out. 

Thanks All

Thats good service.

I have had 3 of him now and he has always been a top bloke.