Clan McWesty Ballater and Bo’Ness

Gary Taylor

Hi folks if coming from western side we can meet up at 8am at the lecht road end T junction otherwise will see you at Ballater 

as always 07715554020 if you need to call

We'll meet you at 8am at the Tomintoul Lecht Road end T junction, Gary.

Looking forward to it and hoping the weather's good.

David

• Like 1

Roughly what time are you planning getting to Ballater? Completed registration tonight hopefully the weather has signed up as well👍

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, clansman said:

Roughly what time are you planning getting to Ballater? Completed registration tonight hopefully the weather has signed up as well👍

Meeting David and hopefully Gary at 8 at the lecht road so should be over for 9am

see you there

Sooty guys looking like I’m out !!! Just back from offshore and found evidence of water at the front of the car. Pulled the nose off and the rad is punctured somewhere!!! bl**** thing isn’t that old, I suspect that f*****n top dressing crap the council have been putting on the road along with the clowns who still do more than the 20mph signs have thrown a stone and holed the rad....gutted was looking forward to the day.

• Sad 1

Still planning on coming and meeting at Tomintoul but depends on waking up in time!!!!

Will keep you updated on the day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, clansman said:

Sooty guys looking like I’m out !!! Just back from offshore and found evidence of water at the front of the car. Pulled the nose off and the rad is punctured somewhere!!! bl**** thing isn’t that old, I suspect that f*****n top dressing crap the council have been putting on the road along with the clowns who still do more than the 20mph signs have thrown a stone and holed the rad....gutted was looking forward to the day.

That’s not good but , Yes I now how you feel I now have a couple of chips on my screen as the lorries fly through it showering everything in their path

hope you get sorted and back on the road soon 

Today we went over to Ballater Victoria week car show, a couple of apologies , but left at just after 7am to meet David at Tomintoul, then over the lecht to Ballater where Alastair and his wife had a gazebo up and a wonderful spread laid on for us
Cars in place and a quick clean up we sat and chatted about all things westy related. Halfway through the morning the rain started and at 1 pm we had the cavalcade through the town which had the roads lined with spectators after which we headed back over the lecht and a cuppa at Tomintoul before heading home , a short day with around 90 miles covered and excellent company

71A86C82-6582-4B5A-84F3-6C4B07DD01E0.jpeg

5465BA3D-C01E-4E59-A756-142A8CAF9F29.jpeg

08D92927-70CF-44F8-A883-CCFE63C892EE.jpeg

BDA2B826-FB32-48C1-B12D-5573CAF6D67F.jpeg

A88E8896-C793-4363-9157-ECA7B603455D.jpeg

E8637929-21CB-4151-A055-926B970EA603.jpeg

• Like 4

Sorry I couldn’t make this morning. Party the night before and there was no way I should have been driving so early!!

My self restraint failed in a big way.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Alfascozzesi said:

Sorry I couldn’t make this morning. Party the night before and there was no way I should have been driving so early!!

My self restraint failed in a big way.

Not a problem at all, and it’s not worth risking your license for, there’s always next time......

speaking of which..... in a fortnight 

Yes for the Ullapool run. I will be there, no parties the night before!!

Going to be stopping off on the way back at the Black Isle for the night. Don’t know where to meet up. Plenty of time though.

• Like 1

A great day out again guys, despite the rain. Thanks to Gary for the heads up about the show, and thanks also to Alastair and Lorna for the excellent hospitality facilities! Very much appreciated by all.

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All 

its just over a fortnight to go until Bo’ Ness , can anyone pick up the shelter and flag from Steve please?

Also there’s 1 space left on the stand at the moment 

details for the day coming soon 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/08/2019 at 21:41, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Hi All 

its just over a fortnight to go until Bo’ Ness , can anyone pick up the shelter and flag from Steve please?

Also there’s 1 space left on the stand at the moment 

details for the day coming soon 

Can anyone pick up the shelter from Steve ? If not then we will manage without 

stay tuned as I’ll put all the arrangements up for Bo’ness on Monday evening once we’re back fro the borders