Site Offline for a While!

Kingster

Sorry about the time it took to do the update this morning, was a bit of a swine to say the least!

The database will be re-indexing, so searches may be slow - hopefully there's no knock-on effects waiting to bite me!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It still seems to be rather slow going from one page to another, or is it just me?

3 minutes ago, stephenh said:

It still seems to be rather slow going from one page to another, or is it just me?

No, it's not just you. I was thinking the same. 

It appears to be giving loading up a bit of consideration before doing it :laugh:

11 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Not happy @Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO for the time it took......................... had to do housework to pass the time :bangshead:

Thanks for keeping it up together though :d

You’re not happy - I had to spend three hours fixing the damn thing while the wife gave me the “20 minutes eh?” look of death!

Slowness might just be due to index and cache being rebuilt. It will speed up as time passes. 

I had to update the server software to the latest version of PHP and (for those. who know what this means) the old CLI vs Apache version caught me out - I should have known better but after I updated PHP the CLI version passed the upgrade test but Apache still used the old one and the update stalled requiring the use of the black arts to manually fix things.

I feel better now for offloading :d

• Haha 3

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO Very Grateful for all the "magic" you do keeping this forum up and running.

Before the w/e's upgrade, bottom right of the page was(and still is) is arrow to go to NEXT UNREAD TOPIC. Before upgrade it used to show title of unread topic, a useful feature I found. However after upgrade, title no longer appears. Can I change my "settings" to get the title to appear, or has it disappeared as "a feature of the product" ( as our IT dept. used  to tell me when I used to whinge after our software was so called upgraded and useful feature were lost)?

Obviously not vital, just wondered if there was something I had to do?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, AdgeC said:

@Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO Very Grateful for all the "magic" you do keeping this forum up and running.

Before the w/e's upgrade, bottom right of the page was(and still is) is arrow to go to NEXT UNREAD TOPIC. Before upgrade it used to show title of unread topic, a useful feature I found. However after upgrade, title no longer appears. Can I change my "settings" to get the title to appear, or has it disappeared as "a feature of the product" ( as our IT dept. used  to tell me when I used to whinge after our software was so called upgraded and useful feature were lost)?

Obviously not vital, just wondered if there was something I had to do?

Thanks

Can’t say it’s something I noticed myself. But yes I’m afraid if it had disappeared then it’s “a feature of the product”  :oops:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

You’re not happy - I had to spend three hours fixing the damn thing while the wife gave me the “20 minutes eh?” look of death!

Slowness might just be due to index and cache being rebuilt. It will speed up as time passes. 

I had to update the server software to the latest version of PHP and (for those. who know what this means) the old CLI vs Apache version caught me out - I should have known better but after I updated PHP the CLI version passed the upgrade test but Apache still used the old one and the update stalled requiring the use of the black arts to manually fix things.

I feel better now for offloading :d

Over my head luckily, but where is the flux capacitor in all this ? :d