Goodwood (Regis Sprint) Regs and Entry Form - 20th April

Tigger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure you get your entries in quick to have a good chance of getting an entry. This event will fill up quickly

• 5 weeks later...

Just put my entry in for my first event of the year. But just been reading about Anglesey issues with CATs. 

I don't even think I can buy a CAT to fit my car and it's not needed for the mot which I just had done last week.  

Am I going to get booted out for not having one!? 

Can anyone confirm the situation as I don't want to drive 100miles and pay £140 just to be told to go home!!!

If so then I won't be sprinting under MSA/Motorsport UK anymore!

Paul

Are you a member of another invite club?

I don't think you are registered in our Speed Series?

The current CAT situation is tricky. We would need more information about your car in terms of Rule J5.16.7 etc. If your scrutineer decided to check for a CAT you may have a problem.

The SSOT are lobbying Motorsport UK to get the Rukle. changed ASAP but cannot guarantee a date for that or the result

Hi Terry

Yes i'm a member of B19 so gain entry that way, wont get to do many sprints this year unfortunately still paying off the house extension from last year :-( so havn't entered any other championships this year.

I wonder how they would test for a CAT, as i would be planning to add one inside my silencer as its massive 7" Dia and takes up the whole length from the down pipes to the rear mud guards, so they couldn't see it even if they did look!

1 hour ago, Beez said:

Hi Terry

Yes i'm a member of B19 so gain entry that way, wont get to do many sprints this year unfortunately still paying off the house extension from last year :-( so havn't entered any other championships this year.

I wonder how they would test for a CAT, as i would be planning to add one inside my silencer as its massive 7" Dia and takes up the whole length from the down pipes to the rear mud guards, so they couldn't see it even if they did look!

They would ask you to dismantle the can

buy a cheap add on one from merlin and bolt it on the outlet .instead of the tail pipe [job done]

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/exhausts/fia-approved-catalytic-converter

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/exhausts/piper-exhausts-catalytic-converters

4 hours ago, John said:

They would ask you to dismantle the can

God that would certainly encourage some colourful language from me lol

1 hour ago, pete g said:

buy a cheap add on one from merlin and bolt it on the outlet .instead of the tail pipe [job done]

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/exhausts/fia-approved-catalytic-converter

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/exhausts/piper-exhausts-catalytic-converters

Yeah been looking at those, need to have a measure up tonight see if i can squeeze one in before the silencer.

• just stick it on the end 
  •  

Does it have to work??? The Regs say it has to be fitted

That's very true. 

Zip tie it on top of the silencer lol

Btw if they can't see it i heard the "test" is a bendy rod stuck up the exhaust