New exhaust finished

POC

Got the car back from the fabricators Monday evening, loud doesnt even come close to describing it!

2.5in bore, straight through from the turbo, no boxes, no baffles :D  I also had them make a removable center section so I can chuck a silencer in the for track days.

westienewzorst.jpg

What do you think?  Prace your betz :D:)

Paul

PS: sorry for the crappy pic, gets dark early these days, and the car is filthy!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• POC

• hilux

• Blatman

• Mark Stanton

Looks a lot better than the wheel barrow :devil:  :p  :D

Does it spit flames out as well :0

Andy :t-up:

P.S. Glad to here you got an extra box for track days. ;)

I will grab an under body shot soon, it is quite low, but not as low as the system that was taken off, never had any trouble with the old one grounding out.

Saying that, I will prob tear the b******* off as soon as I belt out of the garage :D

nice pipes...there will be many an envious mini driver out there!

would like to see something framing/surrounding them....like the v8's have that rear 'bit'....or another upward bend in the last section to bring em out through the bodywork...not sure that'd quite be possible though. (thats the designer in me speaking though)

Thinking about flaming exhausts and red seiw's...were you at elevington last year?

Wikkid, lets go cruizin down the seafront?? All the birdz love my noisy wheelz.

:sheep:

Are you nuts!?? No silencer??

Mr Plod will pull you over, and will be a tad annoyed!

A road car is supposed to be <101dba at half max power rpm (SVA rules)(*)

Once the novelty of having bleeding ears has worn off, and people around you get fedup of you constantly saying "WHAT?" everytime they say anything to you, then at least you've got the provision to put a silencer in there somewhere!

Cheers,

Al

(* these are the rules for bike engines, which might have a special exemption on the rpm required)

Gotta agree with Al....... without any silencer where exactly do you think you'll be able to use it  :(  :)  :(

Sure its gonna sound totally mental and some "free" open track sessions, may accept you ............... but if its tooooo loud you're gonna get pulled off  :0  :0  (in the best possible taste)  ;)

Around town / road use will see you attract more attention than Kylie in her gold shorts ............ superb ........that is until you get tugged by Mr Plod who's playing "snooker" or wanting to get his crime figures quota right for Sarge  :D  :)  ;)

I don't think POC's car was ever SVA'd (the ZEi 220's are all at least 5 year old, IIRC) so no rule book to throw at him, as such. It won't stop the old bill from being annoyed and trying to make something up/find something else they don't like, though...........

I agree that a silencer should be permanently fitted. Maybe POC's deaf already...........

I can't tell from these photos if I like it or not, but in general, I don't like the underslung exhausts on any of the V8's or Zetecs that I've seen with 'em. It's not the looks, it's the practicalities..........give me a side-pipe every time............mind you, my thru-the-bonnet exhaust isn't everyones cup of tea (nor's the colour, come to think of it, but I like it). It's  d a m n  practical though........

Sorry POC......

Oh yeah, I hope you have some form of heat barrier under the floor/in the tunnel etc. Propshaft grease/diff oil/driveshaft grease/your A*** may well burn if you don't...........

What's so odd about having the exhaust under the car?

Westy7.JPG

I like my wheelbarrow exhausts - not too loud, nothing to burn yourself on after a blat, plus I think the car looks cleaner without having a silencer bolted onto the side.

Car is a 2.0 Vx BTW - couldn't afford a V8 (sadly).

A.