MX-5 (the whole car) experts?

Kingster

21 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that an mx5 won't fit on my trailer :cry:

It should do if the Westfield did.

After all your westfeld's entire back axle assembly was donated by an MX5.

Beauty!

Those wheels might struggle on a 165 trailer, have they got some standard steelies or standard 7" alloys they can chuck on to transport it? Mk2 5 spoke alloys are good and light!

5 minutes ago, Archibald Meatpants said:

The lobster mk2

That is definitely not lobster level... yet.

The prawn if you want...

It's these ones mate. No idea on offset, I'm sure it'll be online somewhere though!

20190114_154430.thumb.jpg.0f3689485a8e4fbbf3999842bc9e0841.jpg

Edit to add - just had a quick Google and the common mk2 standard alloy offset is et40

• Thanks 1

I've got a set of hollowspoke 14s if you fancy... 185 section tyres for the win :D

• Like 1

You can get cheap road tyres for 14" rims, we got some UniRoyal RainSport for our 14" steelies for peanuts. Less of an option on semi-slicks though. 

@Ben (bunje) I've got some used semi-slicks in 15" you can have for a tenner a tyre if you like? They're close to the wear bars but will happily do a few trackdays and you can't beat £40 all round!

26 minutes ago, BCF said:

You can get cheap road tyres for 14" rims, we got some UniRoyal RainSport for our 14" steelies for peanuts. Less of an option on semi-slicks though. 

@Ben (bunje) I've got some used semi-slicks in 15" you can have for a tenner a tyre if you like? They're close to the wear bars but will happily do a few trackdays and you can't beat £40 all round!

I might take you up on that mate ill see what wheels I come up with first and get back to you. 

• Like 1