Aero screen options?

Paul T

Hi guys, I’m thinking about getting an Aero screen to swap out on my SEiW  for track days and I also want to take the windscreen and uprights off to recondition /repair.

I’ve seen a few cars with different types of aero screens on but not sure which is the easiest to fit (flexible to change) or most appropriate for my car.

Any guidance or assistance would be much appreciated, thanks!

Neither the Westfield style double bubble, nor the Caterham style blade screen is a particularly easily interchangeable screen. (Unlike on a Caterham, where swapping from the blade to conventional screen is quite straightforward)

Essentially, it’s not possible with the currently available aero screens to have a set up that won’t show lots of mounting holes, one way round or the other. Unlike on a Caterham, where common mounting holes are used, and those that aren’t required are pretty much covered by the aeroscreen. On a Westfield, there are pretty much no common holes, and some of the biggies, aren’t covered when you put the windscreen back, or vice versa.

Those that do want to swap regularly, generally, end up getting a spare scuttle, so that you have one with a windscreen, wipers etc and one with just an aeroscreen. Of course, this does also mean making sure all the parts normally mounted on the scuttle that would need to stay on the car, are mounted elsewhere. It can be done very effectively though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dave, I may see if I can get hold of an old/scrap one to see if I could modify it to help with easy changeover - not bothered about holes in aeroscreen mode as this would be just for track but as you say if unused holes are visible with the windscreen fitted it would bother me.

cheers :yes:

Paul

Other option is having 2nd set cut down windscreen pillars with persex/carbon between cut to height preferable to you.

• Like 1

Yep, such a shame the old AA Composites (?) option isn’t on the cards anymore, as this did exactly what you want! (That’s why I was carefull to say currently available aeroscreen ;) )