What are your msut haves in a car ?

Mark_Herts

On 22/09/2018 at 09:49, Chris Brading said:

Get your engine choice correct  as I think I am right in thinking my Ztech cannot be easily converted to a Duratec.

On 22/09/2018 at 09:52, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Anything can be done. @chriss1455 has swapped a Zetec to a Duratec. But it can be expensive as pretty much everything needs changing. But you can sell your “bolt in package” to offset the cost. 

As chris says. Anything can be done. I changed from a 2 ltr zetec to a duratec and the plan was to hide the exit holes with flared panels on the side. However also as chris says it is easy to get carried away and end up blowing one hell of a budget in doing so. (Speaking from my expensive experiance on that)

As many have said before id say the most important thing before doing anything drastic is getting a full geo set up correctly, good tyres and tuition to fully know the car in a driving sense, as again speaking from experiance it will change the whole feel of the car

6 hours ago, chriss1455 said:

As chris says. Anything can be done. I changed from a 2 ltr zetec to a duratec and the plan was to hide the exit holes with flared panels on the side. However also as chris says it is easy to get carried away and end up blowing one hell of a budget in doing so. (Speaking from my expensive experiance on that)

As many have said before id say the most important thing before doing anything drastic is getting a full geo set up correctly, good tyres and tuition to fully know the car in a driving sense, as again speaking from experiance it will change the whole feel of the car

I bet the cost to get from zetec to duratec is a lot. 

Would it not be cheaper to chuck a turbo or supercharger to the zetec for the extra BHP?

The way i done it it would be without a doubt yes (i got carried away and ended up doing a full re build of the car)

However what i got for the zetec package (engine ECU ehaust mt75 box and the bits) just about covered the cost of the engine i got and the ecu. 

I suppose it all depends on what youd be happy putting in. The one i put in had been messed about with a bit so was obviously more than a standard (at the time complete engines inc majority of bits were average about £700 on ebay). Also the gear box is the same if you can find a cheap one with a long first, or even if you can manage with the short first on the type 9 then that too will keep it down.

I suppose it all comes down to how far you want to go with the car and then how deep you want to dig in your pockets for it