Amalfi coast minus my Westfield :(

Skypeller

Italy; sorrento to amalfi/Positano 

The locals are too crazy I’d be stressing about my beloved Westfield, but this place is great, the roads are like those in Italian job before they loose the bus. 

Today though I make so with my wscc mag, excuse the hairy pins.

D3F076A1-3AB3-4E01-8951-AAB880AE6CE4.jpeg

181C9BF6-EB80-40DD-9AB9-47EFBB4F6D18.jpeg

C9178AC7-9B4E-4B1E-8279-9B78D6929D48.jpeg

E1BAF3E8-F1FA-4FFB-B515-A6E85406E911.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks beautiful 

:yes:

• 3 weeks later...

@Skypeller  We spent a week on the Amalfi Coast 3-4 years ago, and you're right the locals are mental drivers. Whenever we are abroad we hire a car for the stay, but for some reason we didn't for Amalfi, and we were so glad. The real nutters are the Sorrento teenagers on motor scooters!

We did Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius too, and a day on Capri.

Naples is a dump, but within 50 metres of entering the Amalfi Coast the place is immaculate, the Amalfi council/tourist board clearly know what it takes to keep the tourists coming.

Amalfi2.thumb.JPG.d4af101456e572e7b4c17e00b93c0270.JPG

2 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

@Skypeller  We spent a week on the Amalfi Coast 3-4 years ago, and you're right the locals are mental drivers. Whenever we are abroad we hire a car for the stay, but for some reason we didn't for Amalfi, and we were so glad. The real nutters are the Sorrento teenagers on motor scooters!

We did Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius too, and a day on Capri.

Naples is a dump, but within 50 metres of entering the Amalfi Coast the place is immaculate, the Amalfi council/tourist board clearly know what it takes to keep the tourists coming.

Amalfi2.thumb.JPG.d4af101456e572e7b4c17e00b93c0270.JPG

Absolutely spot on Brad! 

great photo! Hope you enjoyed it? I would definitely go back... probably try somewhere else next of course probably San Francisco 

Had a great holiday amalfi coast sorento and Naples few years ago too.

Drove in city centre Naples and they are mental. But it's a logical mental = 1st into space has right of way, which when got used to it was easier than sometimes over here where generally drivers have no spatial awareness and randomly move. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Doing the Amalfi coast tomorrow. Locals are totally mental. Me and mini tj have a competition to find an undamaged car while we sit in the bars. It's not a quick game !. We were in a pedestrian area and a red pinto came out a back street right in front of us . And we had to stop. He tried to steer round a lamppost and just scraped the bumper and wing and kept going. I called him a dick and wife said he was just laughing. Guess he does it all the time judging by the damage all round.

On 06/10/2018 at 11:26, Skypeller said:

Absolutely spot on Brad! 

great photo! Hope you enjoyed it? I would definitely go back... probably try somewhere else next of course probably San Francisco 

Got to drive the windy road and get a V8 convertible to do the Pacific Coast Highway South of SAN Fran

• Like 1