Westfields in Australia

Shane2me

So here is the power unit in my tiny shed! The hardest part was building the engine crane around the engine so I could lift it up on to the work bench, but it's a step in the right directing and I'm very happy with it.

Time to get stuck in!

IMG_7301.jpg

• Like 4

That’s possibly the cleanest looking I’ve seen “out of the crate” so far!

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, I'm very happy with it, there is a bit of a crack in the camshaft cover, but other than that I can't really fault it without opening it up! It's definitely all there, I've got wires and hoses going everywhere!

• Like 1

Good to see an engine in the shed. Luckily down there the weather is better and cars don't rot in the same way as here. On the Ecu front have a look at Emerald ecus. They are pretty good and will come with a base map on there and easy for a tuner to fine tune when car is ready. 

• Like 3

Yep Emerald’s have some really nice tools built in for amateurs working on their own systems too. Should you want to.

7 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Good to see an engine in the shed. Luckily down there the weather is better and cars don't rot in the same way as here. On the Ecu front have a look at Emerald ecus. They are pretty good and will come with a base map on there and easy for a tuner to fine tune when car is ready. 

Thanks Thrusty, I'll definitely have a look into Emeralds, anything that makes the setup easier will be great.

Yes heading in to our summer now so the days are getting longer and hotter, won't be long until we start getting the 40+ degrees days!

8 hours ago, Shane2me said:

Yes heading in to our summer now so the days are getting longer and hotter, won't be long until we start getting the 40+ degrees days!

And we’ve got snow forecast tonight up here in Scotland :d

• Haha 1