Opinions on power figures

scott beeland

Scott,

Speak to these people. Ask them about their diesel towing upgrades. There is some info on the site. I have one of their smart boxes fitted to my normally 82bhp Astra van. It behaves like a GTi now and the mpg has hardly been affected and has much more power and torque than standard.

John

BTW - when I only had 82bhp, towing was still OK but now its better than OK  ;)

John,

How much was the SmartBox? Looked at their website a few weeks back but no prices!

Cheers,

Al.

Bad back is an occupational hazard for me so no worries there. Driven my old mans base model and found that ok.

Gonna go with it I think. Found a good 97 car with 80k on it; just waiting for reply to go see it

I took Ibuprofen (or Diclofenac, Scott  ;) and yes, I know it's slow acting........)

Not to mention vvvvv bad for the guts :oops:  :oops:

PROPER painkillers....That's what you want.

Is that what I get to call a job perk??? :cool:

Actually, 100mg Diclofenac didn't do me the slightest bit of harm (or good, if truth be told  :0 )

Pethidine was excellent though, and much better at removing the contents of my stomach than a soppy pill.........  :D:D

Be careful when searching for a Xantia. get the car thouroughly checked and insist on a service history.

Replacement parts, particularly the suspension are expensive to put right. As it has already been said, the VW Passat is a better buy but you won't find a cheap one worth going for as they hold value very well

A passat's only a better buy if it isn't f***ed :bangshead:

Anything 2nd hand is a risk whatever the badge.

Like I'm gonna buy a minger on purpose!!! :arse:  :arse:  :suspect:

:D

Like I'm gonna buy a minger on purpose!!! :arse:  :arse:  :suspect:

Just make sure you've not been on the Stella B4 you go out or you may well come home with a Minger.

Not that I've ever drank too much Stella or come home with any mingers while under the influance...... :oops:  :oops:  :oops: beer :cool:  :love:  :down:  :blush:

Al,

I think the smart box was £350 plus VAT. The difference though is immense. Even the power band top end is raised.

VanAaken are not the only people who do them. Get a copy of Diesel Car magazine and there are loads of ads for similar things. Mine just plugs in line at the end of the fuel pump wiring at the pump end.

Regards,

John

Scott,

You often find the best deals at main dealers. They often dont display older P/X cars and sell them cheap as they often go to auction anyway. Find yourself a friendly Citreon dealer and ask a few questions.

John

Al,

I think the smart box was £350 plus VAT. The difference though is immense. Even the power band top end is raised.

VanAaken are not the only people who do them. Get a copy of Diesel Car magazine and there are loads of ads for similar things. Mine just plugs in line at the end of the fuel pump wiring at the pump end.

Regards,

John

Thanks, I'd get one if my Pug wasnt making a nasty tappety noise under full load.

(its not the tappets, they're hydraulic)

(suspect something in the turbo, the wastegate maybe)

(or maybe the clutch)

(it clears up as soon as you back off the throttle, or exceed 3500rpm)

Cheers,

Al.

What happens with your insurance if you fit one of these boxes?

I was loking for a tow vehicle, a Merc Vito Van 110CDi  (102bhp)which when chipped gives 150bhp ??? same as the chipped 112CDi (122bhp)  :suspect:

Scott,

You often find the best deals at main dealers. They often dont display older P/X cars and sell them cheap as they often go to auction anyway. Find yourself a friendly Citreon dealer and ask a few questions.

John

John. Unlikely round here. Most of the dealers ship px's straight to auction as there is a habit of them "dissapearing" off the books and then the mechanics having an impromtu beer sesh :0

Scott,

John

Scott

Get down to one of 'our' Manchester meetings and get to know Scooby he works in the car sales department of Citroen Manchester :D

and he's probably just read this :p