Blyton first sprint

I H Freelance Services

well it was my first time sprinting this weekend at  blyton,  and i really enjoyed it  great group of folks all very friendly, a nice bit of banter and very welcoming even thou i was not competing in a westfield i was giving my arion its first taste of competition 

first thing i realised is i had the wrong tyres , slicks but track compound not soft sprint compound , set up for track use is not ideal for sprinting , and getting the start right is the most important thing ,  still times came down every session both days , starts improved , 

i thnk its a bit like golf , you never feel you have cracked it, every run theres things to improve on but thats whats makes it great fun 

its just you against the clock 

i would like yo thank all those involed for running the 3 days , for the my fellow of class 3l for making me and mrs H welcome to terry for his advise and keeping a eye on me  

work diary permitting i hope to be out again some time this year 

4E65C86A-21A4-45F2-B865-92BA77973914.jpeg

• Like 4

Good to see you taking part Ian. That's a nice looking car as well. I think Terry might have been after your Power Commander if you had one :laugh:

Please let's not talk about car electrics or power commander V units etc

Thanks to all those that helped me check through possible faults etc

I too had a great time “popping my cherry” as a sprinter. 

Sadly (for my bank balance) I think I’m hooked! A fact that I’m sure those of you that saw the huge grin in my face after p1 would have realised instantly :d

6 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

........ Sadly (for my bank balance) I think I’m hooked!

:d:p we told you! & knew it would!

Every Westie drive should have at least one try out.

It won't be to everyone's taste. But you don't know until you try it!

2 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Manchester AO said:

But you don't know until you try it!

Absolutely! I had no concept of what it would be like and it was so much more fun and exciting than it appeared to be “on paper”. Totally different to a track day too. 

In fact my view on track days has now changed into using them to improve my skills and get some tuition off @AdamR so that I can be better at sprints. 

It would be great to see a 'popped sprint cherry' small piece in the next Westfield World!

• Like 2

I do run a power comander John 

but i took it with me every where i went just in case mr E took a fancy to it 

you gotta watch that terry he had my cam sensor out in no time and dropped on to his car , all joking aside its a nightmare when that happens been there myself in the past , shame it wasnt fixable on the day but it wasnt for the lack of trying 

• Like 1