Curborough 2004

Club Chairman (Reserve)

Well, it'll take some work to convince me :)

Andy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilwillis

• Mark Stanton

• studbuckle

• adhawkins

If i can get my car sorted in time and my good wife gives me a weekend pass......i'll be there Saturday morning :)  :cool:

Check list:-

-Car

-Fuel

-Money

-Beer

-Tent

-Beer

-Food

-er....Beer

:D

OH  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:  :arse:

Just told my wife about the weekend.....her answer......"were going to a wedding reception on the Saturday night"

:arse:  :arse:  :angry:  :angry:

I wouldnt mind too much if the new the people who were getting married  :arse:

So i'll be there on Sunday morning  :t-up:

• 3 weeks later...

The new XTR4 will be on view at Curborough.   Westfields have kindly loaned it to the Express & Star photographer for the weekend.   His name is Tony Adams, and may be familiar to some of you because he competes in hill climbs.

It won't be used on the track in anger because the insurance cover limits that, but it will be out and about on the scenic drive, and possibly doing a gentle lap or two during the day on Saturday.

If you haven't seen the beast, come along, and get an eyeful!

There will be a small fee for camping - a fiver I suspect, plus of course there will be another fee for the track usage - dunno how much that will cost.

The BBQ is free - but you'll have to bring a suitable quantity of animal carcass to cremate.   The beer is on Mark (I bet that got your attention!;)  A case of beer per person per night should do it - well you do have to keep me in cold lagers too you know!

Definitely not the most expensive weekend away you will have been on.

It's only 5 days away. Somebody must 'know' the costs.

Some of us are on a tight budget and 5 quid difference could actually make or break us coming or not :(

The oracle is in Le Mans this week.   I would work on the basis that is costs a fiver to camp, and probably a tenner to play on the track on Saturday, though the second bit is pure conjecture.

Don't forget there will be a scenic drive on the Saturday morning, leaving at 10am sharp.   There will, at long last, be a couple of samples of the new logo too, plus all the usual merchandising will be for sale.

Err, silly question perhaps, but is there a noise limit in place on the saturday?

I mean on the track before anyone says.

They did some noise testing last year, but I couldn't tell you what the limits were.

Anyone know what the limit was?

You can count me and the missus in for martial arts, eating drinking etc air bed theft..  i may even cook again Neil !!?

Mark do you have a sump going spare ?? (CVH)

:D  :t-up:

I'll be ringing Mark when he gets back from Le Mans (Tomorrow night I think).   I'll ask him about the sump then Sedsy.

I suppose for a quick fix, you could glue a bit of tinplate over the hole.   It should hold for long enough until you get a replacement.