Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

4 hours ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

How were the 'Acoustics'? It must have been quite quiet? I always forget something and have to turn round and go back through, then i forget what I forgot and go back again....memory is not what it used to be ;)

awesome 😎 

• Haha 1

IMG_4572.thumb.jpg.7c60227b4170f14d7e29b9511bac387a.jpg

Mid-morning on the socially distanced paddock at Anglesey Circuit on Monday after a weekend in Wales

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jonjh1964 said:

Mid-morning on the socially distanced paddock at Anglesey Circuit on Monday after a weekend in Wales

I do hope there is some good GoPro footage to follow, the weather looks stunning! How were the new wheels/rubber?

Just now, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

I do hope there is some good GoPro footage to follow, the weather looks stunning! How were the new wheels/rubber?

Sunshine and mid 20 deg C all day (in fact all weekend until the drive home on Tuesday), will need some time to edit the GoPro footage, hopefully there will be something worth cobbling together. R888R  were nice and grippy set at 15 psi first thing - if you zoom into the photo you can see the rubber build up that got worse as the day progressed - still there after ~300 miles on the way home!

Sounds fantastic. Yes, see what you mean on the rubber, funny how quickly that builds at track speeds but how long it takes to wear at road speeds!

Have you been adding extra mods to the roll bar - What are the two clamps/lumps on the horizontal bar?

2 hours ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Have you been adding extra mods to the roll bar - What are the two clamps/lumps on the horizontal bar?

Mounting points for the Soft Bits 4 Sevens half hood support bars that are held on with Velcro.

• Thanks 1

On 20/06/2020 at 11:37, WINGNUT said:

Don't see many ZEi, looks very nice enjoy it 👍. My dad's second wessy had the same wheels, lovely.

What is the difference between the Se and the Zei? It looks like a different body

5 hours ago, Zenocchio said:

What is the difference between the Se and the Zei? It looks like a different body

I'm not so sure on the main tub from memory, think it's the ZK. The main thing was the swept wings as they incorporated the front indicators in them, rather than them being on a separate set of mounts on the nose. I'm sure there may have been other differences but I think Barr the images of the one here, I've seen two in the flesh. And one was Westfield own at stoneleigh when they first introduced it, I was knee high to a grasshopper at the time.

Ours is a 1999 ZEi - but was factory-built with V8 bonnet, V8 nose, and cycle wings, and the (___?) scuttle with the heater unit in the engine bay - such was the first owners box-ticking when the car was ordered. But there is plenty of the ZEi type-approval evidence - front and rear tow rings welded to the chassis, and the now-removed underslung exhaust, et al. Just goes to show, very few Westfields are exactly alike!

• Like 1

Sunny but cool yesterday afternoon, so we took the car out for an explore for new roads for next year's navigation run. Came across a field that the farmer hadn't closed the gate to, for a couple of sneaky pics.

IMG_20200926_151601.thumb.jpg.88c8e1006191719ef3cf988f0a13bf29.jpg

IMG_20200926_151712.thumb.jpg.9b5ea552ce5091e2dd313bba37f0d29e.jpg

IMG_20200926_151737.thumb.jpg.bf2cf848d398958a2705e962dca4c239.jpg

• Like 8

Westfield in a field will be ideal for the 2021 calendar - best get your entry in!

Simon