Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

1 minute ago, Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup) said:

Those roads up the back of the dam are fantastic.

Yes and despite the drizzle it was really atmospheric, glad I took the time to go up

• Like 1

Getting ready for next Saturdays Lancashire Area Coast to Coast run. Gonna need the new half hood and doors I think 😳B0B79054-B093-4E3C-81A7-98591DECE163.thumb.jpeg.9e442b8b5ac9878a94a18a0f4c40ebf6.jpeg

• Like 8

NIce day out at the Pride and Joy car meet

217688308_10159523101599254_8291041524651172687_n.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AlanHodge said:

Getting ready for next Saturdays Lancashire Area Coast to Coast run. Gonna need the new half hood and doors I think 😳B0B79054-B093-4E3C-81A7-98591DECE163.thumb.jpeg.9e442b8b5ac9878a94a18a0f4c40ebf6.jpeg

Sorry I can't join you all this year, hoping you won't need the hood, have a good run folks.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OldStager said:

Sorry I can't join you all this year, hoping you won't need the hood, have a good run folks.

Weather improving daily might be driving in sunshine 😃😃

26 minutes ago, powell said:

Here’s my SE. I’ve had it since I was 17, 23 years and I still love it.

79C34B0F-543C-4E0D-A5DC-0C1A3013DA46.jpeg

17 Yrs old wow, quite a car for someone so young, bet the insurance was on the high side?.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldStager said:

17 Yrs old wow, quite a car for someone so young, bet the insurance was on the high side?.

It was 1999 so it wasn’t a fortune, £500 3rd party i seem to remember. 23 years later its £130. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, powell said:

Here is my first drive of it when I took possession of it in 1999.I inherited the car from my dad when he passed away unexpectedly. It’s been a joy to own, drive and compete in.

A4EC62F1-41D7-4C8A-B6EA-2D2BA28514D1.jpeg

Great photo, looks like mine when I first got it, I changed the colour some years later. Sorry your dad passed, but at least you have still got a part of him in the car. I was due to compete in mine, but sadly HSBC had other thoughts on the idea 😂.

• Like 1

@powell love the story of inheritance with your car, it’s great when these cars stay in a family an are passed on.

• Like 2

Yes, great to see. I hope my son would enjoy mine the same as you have your fathers.

• Like 1

Great to see you you keeping it going. 

Mine started as a half-share with my dad 12 years ago, plenty of good father and son time tinkering with it over the years. He says his reactions aren't up to driving it now so he enjoys a passenger ride when the parents visit.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Paul Aspden The 2nd said:

@powell love the story of inheritance with your car, it’s great when these cars stay in a family an are passed on.

I think most of the family thought I’d have wrapped around a tree within a few months. My dad’s friend put a throttle stop on it when I first got it to limit the performance a bit, I’d soon taken it off. It’s a great connection with my dad.

My two children are very interested in the car too so the hope is they can share it when they are old enough.

• Like 5