Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

1 hour ago, Chris Broster - Bristol & Bath AO said:

Cheers Mark, that's impressive and I bet its lovely to drive now.

Regards

Chris

It's certainly quicker lmao...need to put some miles on it now I've had semi slicks fitted to really get a feel for what it's capable of.

Definitely need to carry out a noise test then I can get a track day booked.

11 hours ago, SXRORY said:

^^^^leave some carbon for the rest of us eh! 

But he still has to carbonise the handbrake and gear lever...

• Haha 2

@NickBW - do You have some pictures where to You mounted te 5-6 belts (crotch belts) of harness ? 

What is the weight of this all-carbon-car ? :) 

I have the Aeorace chasis but with all GRP and aluminium panels so could estimete roughly what weight saving is possible  on carbon . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

@NickBW - do You have some pictures where to You mounted te 5-6 belts (crotch belts) of harness ? 

What is the weight of this all-carbon-car ? :) 

I have the Aeorace chasis but with all GRP and aluminium panels so could estimete roughly what weight saving is possible  on carbon . 

Interesting, i did start weighing what i was taking off and what it was replacing but it became too time consuming...

I am due to book a geo and full weight in the next month or so so will know hopefully the full weight then!

The crotch mounting point is through the floor in the middle of the base of the seat.  I can take some photos if it helps

Thank You! If it need to unbolt the seats just for the pictures then no, to much hassle with this (depending of the type of the mounting). 

Just if You could desceribe - is it (the crotch belt mounting bolt ) mounted just to the aluminium floor ? 

Did You added any reinforcement - like the steel bar that the seat is mounted to, or just such plate under the floor :

https://motorsport.2brally.pl/userdata/public/gfx/42394bc32f5b8695706290f6c00a1a15.jpg

I am affraid that the floor panel is not enough but maybe I am wrong

As for the panels - I have weighted only the bonnet and a nose of the westfield and the seme parts, made also of the fiberglass not even a carbon like Yours super lightweight, and the difference was rather big : Westfield bonnet 7,5kg vs thinner fiberglass 3,1kg ; nosecone 5,5kg vs 3,5kg. Adding side , rear, wheel arches etc should bi significant weight reduction with carbon. Oh and the aluminium around tunnel and rear.

On 18/03/2021 at 17:21, Andrzej said:

Thank You! If it need to unbolt the seats just for the pictures then no, to much hassle with this (depending of the type of the mounting). 

Just if You could desceribe - is it (the crotch belt mounting bolt ) mounted just to the aluminium floor ? 

Did You added any reinforcement - like the steel bar that the seat is mounted to, or just such plate under the floor :

https://motorsport.2brally.pl/userdata/public/gfx/42394bc32f5b8695706290f6c00a1a15.jpg

I am affraid that the floor panel is not enough but maybe I am wrong

As for the panels - I have weighted only the bonnet and a nose of the westfield and the seme parts, made also of the fiberglass not even a carbon like Yours super lightweight, and the difference was rather big : Westfield bonnet 7,5kg vs thinner fiberglass 3,1kg ; nosecone 5,5kg vs 3,5kg. Adding side , rear, wheel arches etc should bi significant weight reduction with carbon. Oh and the aluminium around tunnel and rear.

Mine goes through the steel cross section under the seat where the seat mounts to as well. It's at the rear of the seat. 

Not sure why the photo is upside down but you can see the bolt in the middle. PXL_20210319_175342194.thumb.jpg.dff2f8e0bade9f1c82a32171a3373e70.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Pullen - WSCC Treasurer said:

New screen finally fitted

667868B4-3EC1-4DF0-A762-CBC1EA2C3E1B.jpeg

2FF885C3-C8F8-4ED2-B7E6-3AB26FF79AA8.jpeg

Wow that looks good Kev. You really should put up a pic of before and after.

What a difference to that old green thing.......Much better well done.

Lets hope that we can all get out this summer...

First ever wash

812862BC-5AE9-4854-B0BF-9D6A9BD53683.jpeg

C1A711ED-24EC-42DA-9839-7E4A2EA6B168.jpeg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Paul Aspden The 2nd said:

First ever wash

812862BC-5AE9-4854-B0BF-9D6A9BD53683.jpeg

C1A711ED-24EC-42DA-9839-7E4A2EA6B168.jpeg

The car looks fantastic - I like the colour.  What type of screen do you have fitted?