Forum downtime - lost posts

Peter (Monty)

I made a couple of posts just before midnight last night, but the server seemed to go down a little while later and now the state of the forum has reverted a few hours and those most recent posts are gone (last post in Tech Talk is 15h ago). Is there no way around this, or might the missing ones be restored?

I'm in the same position as Peter. I posted in build diaries last night and it seems to have disappeared. :down:

Any chance it can be recovered? 

Oh yes you started a new (re)build thread! I read it last night. Fingers crossed

• Thanks 1

Sorry lads had serious server update woes. Still investigating but also have to earn a living during the day :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GaryD1971 said:

I'm in the same position as Peter. I posted in build diaries last night and it seems to have disappeared. :down:

Any chance it can be recovered? 

Gary - unfortunately no.

Basically, I had to revert the forum to a backup that I made prior to performing some updates when those updates caused a problem.

So we lost a few posts that were made late last night.

I will now also have to do the update all over again and probably lose another few hours of my own (supposed to spend with family or having fun) time - so believe me, I feel your pain!

The next update will happen at a time that I can fit in - and I will put up a holding page until complete so that no posts can be made and thus lost.

Last night's update was 'supposed' to go smoothly - but you live and learn :)

• Thanks 3

And the time you invest in this is much appreciated.

Unfortunately all had seemed to be working OK, up till around midnight or so, at some point it then fell over.

18 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Unfortunately all had seemed to be working OK, up till around midnight or so, at some point it then fell over.

Yes - at midnight the server reinstated a backup I had set in motion some hours earlier. This caused it to 'lose' it's access to the database.

I am a bit annoyed with myself for letting that happen - but as I say lessons have been learned :t-up:

Not meaning to whinge about my time by the way - just now I need to do it all again and this time the wife might not be out with friends :d

• Thanks 1

Chris King, it's not a problem. My time on the original post was nothing compared to the amount of time you spend keeping this forum running. Please keep up the good work. As Dave said, it is appreciated. 

I will repost my first entry into the build diaries sometime over the weekend, just without the spelling mistakes that crept in last time...:sun:

• Like 3

Enjoyed your first diary post Gary, will look forward to the “mark 2” version!

Thanks Dave. I'll try not to let the spelling mistakes get through this time... 

Thats a b*******. At my age , I cant remember what I have just typed, let alone last night :d

I remember Gary saying he was perfect................... or was it his wife.................. or the dog.................... urrrrgghhhhh :down:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GaryD1971 said:

Thanks Dave. I'll try not to let the spelling mistakes get through this time... 

It was a great start to a build thread Gary, so come on, get on the case........................