Improvement suggestion #3

Rory's Dad

Finally, I also think it would be a good idea to look again at my previous suggestion to be able to look at a post and not have it dissappear at once. I sometimes want to go back to something and I can't remember which section it was in. Yes this is an old git issue, but I sometimes look in detail at a photograph and, in going back to the original post, go back too far to the listing, not the post itself. 

20 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

Finally, I also think it would be a good idea to look again at my previous suggestion to be able to look at a post and not have it dissappear at once. I sometimes want to go back to something and I can't remember which section it was in. Yes this is an old git issue, but I sometimes look in detail at a photograph and, in going back to the original post, go back too far to the listing, not the post itself. 

Martin, if you are referring to your “custom activity stream” which is the button that you use to see latest posts, you can customise it to show all items, not just “unread”. Thus if you go back it will still be there if you have read it. 

• 2 months later...

Is it too difficult to achieve? I sometimes look at the actual picture to magnify it on my phone, go back 1 (or is it 2?) and find myself dumped with the list minus the thread I was looking at :(

2 hours ago, Rory's Dad said:

Is it too difficult to achieve? I sometimes look at the actual picture to magnify it on my phone, go back 1 (or is it 2?) and find myself dumped with the list minus the thread I was looking at :(

We use third party software to run all of this - so quite often any custom code gets overwritten/broken by an update that the provider releases down the line - and anyway you have to do it as a custom “plug in”. So yes it can be difficult to achieve one-off customisations to suit the occasional user request unfortunately. 

Did you not try my previous suggestion?

Chris - I've just tried this but have got lost again. Please could you give me chapter and verse. With thanks from an old git :)

2 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

Chris - I've just tried this but have got lost again. Please could you give me chapter and verse. With thanks from an old git :)

Will do - but have family things today so hope you don’t mind if I sort this tomorrow :)

@Rory's Dad remind tomorrow and (with your permission) I can log in “as you” and try and tweak your settings to do what (I think) you want.