Quick electrical question

BugMan

Just playing around with my dash setup, and noticed that the horn works all the time, regardless of the position of the ignition key.

Following things throughIi have sort of worked out that :-

a) PURPLE is live 12+ all the time, seen on the Aux Plug and the Horn - PURPLE all the way back to the fuse block

b) GREEN is switched 12+, from the Ignition key

c) BLACK is common GROUND

Just checking I've got things straight?

I'm surprised the horn is operational all the time, was expecting it to be switched.

On the same subject I'm assuming on my Sport250 start button, this would only be illuminated with the lights, as its quite a bright RED?

10 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Just playing around with my dash setup, and noticed that the horn works all the time, regardless of the position of the ignition key.

Following things throughIi have sort of worked out that :-

a) PURPLE is live 12+ all the time, seen on the Aux Plug and the Horn - PURPLE all the way back to the fuse block

b) GREEN is switched 12+, from the Ignition key

c) BLACK is common GROUND

Hi Bugman, I can confirm the above. your hazards and side lights should work without ignition too. See fuse feed B5 on the attached.

Can't comment on the Sport250 button without sight of a diagram, sorry. Ian

4833 Chassis Harness.pdf

Mines not an illuminated switch! But I Believe the illumination of the start switch should come from an orange wire, as per the rest of the switches (apart from the fog!).

Have you got the wiring diagram I put in members section? Will tell you what colours are what. Much better than the newer diagrams. 

2 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Mines not an illuminated switch! But I Believe the illumination of the start switch should come from an orange wire, as per the rest of the switches (apart from the fog!).

It’s red/orange :yes:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

It’s red/orange :yes:

Thanks Chris, my memory's hazy at the best of times! Not used to checking docs/drgs. for WF details :d

2 hours ago, AdgeC said:

Thanks Chris, my memory's hazy at the best of times! Not used to checking docs/drgs. for WF details :d

Haha sorry had my “pedant” hat on :d

Just saw these wires so often as I stripped my loom back to replace the old gauges and switches!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Haha sorry had my “pedant” hat on :d

Just saw these wires so often as I stripped my loom back to replace the old gauges and switches!

Yep, you start seeing dash illumination wires in your sleep after a while doing that job; there's just so many of them!

• Haha 1