'Ere we go again. 2 points for 2018

Rory's Dad

I must apologise to begin with :d

One, please could the powers that be understand that an old git like me looks at the latest posts on his phone, follows a link and the goes back to the listing and somehow the original post has gone. But where was it? Can't remember so back to the list of categories to try to find it. Please could the moving on protocol be reset to keeping two or three posts, not just one of them. 

Two. Could the category listing always have two or three subsections. So #1 - House rules, #2 - Subcategory 1 followed by Subcategory 2, etc.

Sincere apologies to the Committee in advance - I know I'm a pain in the a***! Thank you. 

Martin, not sure how easy it will be to do any of this.

The problem is that the Forum software is provided by a 3rd Party - Invision - so, we are limited to what we can do.

Although there are a myriad of options behind the scenes, unless your request is amongst one of options available to the system, we will only be able to either send in a 'feature request' or maybe write a 'plug-in' to add such functionality. Not sure what's involved in writing a plug-in as I have never done one for this software, but to be honest it's not high on my long list of things to do (which are not all club related by the way!).

I'll take a look though :)

@Rory's Dad - having said that, if you look at the following, you'll see that "my Feed" contains posts I have not read. Therefore as soon as you read one and then go back it dissapears - SO- simply change this to show 'evrything' and you are sorted 

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 16.22.55.png

Just as an aside.

If we move a thread for any reason, I always, and would recommend it as standard practice, tick the box to say leave a link to the new position in the original location, so that it can be refound by as many different methods as possible. Note though, that these links are temporary in nature, and will disappear after a few weeks. (Its the nature of the Boardroom software.)

Please Note Though, that the committee has a very long list of urgent club jobs to be completed pre-Stoneleigh, so apart from any emergency bug fixing, the chances of adding anything new that is more than a five minute job and not already on the list is pretty slim before then.

(The last committee meeting overran by way more than double, with one of the longest sets of minutes I remember distributed afterwards! Several of these jobs, like the local area website stuff have been a long time working up the list, too, and are regularly chased by AO’s, so have to take a certain priority.)

Presumably, my second point can be addressed Mr King... 

(I'm thinking of the Technical Section as you might have guessed!) 

Nope. I really don’t know what you’re after?

What’s the category listing? Where is House rules? Totally lost on me. 

• Confused 1