This Years Highs and Lows Of The Westie

Thrustyjust

Thread about the highlights of you and your car and the bits you wish to forget:

Highlights: My cars first year of running well and no breakdowns or mechanicals. 

Lowlights :  The vomit incident :rolleyes:. Waking up small villages at night, as not able to see what switch is main beam and which is the horn.

Highlight: Cam upgrade

Lowlight: On the way back from cadwell, in the freezing cold and rain, the toll booth man wouldn't let me off the 40p so I had to spend ten mins holding up traffic while I went through all my track day paraphinalia to find my wallet. If you've been on track day with me, you'll realise this is an unfeasible amount of stuff to fit in a westie.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Highlight - setting the class record and being the fastest Westfield and in the top 20 overall at Rockingham, then finishing 11th overall and second in class only to the lightening quick @tkm_dave at MIRA. Always happy to finish second to that legend.

Lowlight - what I thought would be a bombproof gearbox letting go at a trackday just after MIRA and ending my season early, falling out of love with it all and leading to my decision to move on. Which may lead to new highlights in another direction in 2018...!

• Like 1

May I be permitted another highlight? If so, making new and hopefully lifelong friends through this club and the speed series - you know who you are! :sun:

• Like 2

Westie Highlights: Weekend tour up through NW to Moffat and back. Progress to being as fast on road tyres as when on soft sprint competition ones. 

Westie Lowlights: No Lowlights as such, BUT not nearly enough Westying over last part of year.

Highlights - building a monster power car that I am very proud of. A two issue magazine feature. Also making what I consider to be lifelong friends over the last few years, and continuing to do so. What a great club we have 

Lowlight - not using it enough 

• Like 3

Highlights, a week in France with Andy and Ian and our Westfields. Lowlight, getting an ITB issue sorted out.

Highlights, driving the Westfield. 

Lowlights, not driving the Westfield. 

• Like 2

Highlight: competing in my first sprint

Lowlight: not going to compete in the car again (because I've brought a new one for sprinting)

Sorry two highlights then :t-up:

• Like 1

Highlights: Buiding my car and getting it through IVA first time, and on the road. With valued assistance of club members.

Also the new friends I've made through this club.

Lowlights: Grotty December weather severely limiting Westie outings!

Highlight - Improving my health by getting off my backside playing computer games, investing time in getting involved with the WSCC and my local group, buying my kit and starting to use my brain and hands again in something other than work.

Lowlights - Watching my local group drive in and out of local meetings, and not having a Westfield to join in.

• Like 1

Highlights - discovering Avon ZZRs

Lowlights - still being incapable of using the brake pedal properly...

Highlight - Realising my brake discs glow while on track

Lowlight - Lap times with another orange one are converging in their favour