My beloved XR4x4 is for sale

Blatman

Still got it, so now I'll take whatever I can get for it..........

Make me a (non derisory, non insulting) offer........

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Matt Seabrook

• steve_m

• Mark Stanton

Just sell the bits like LSD gearbox and rear brakes for £250 and burn the rest.

Go on you know you want to or Steve D could burn it for you. As he likes burning Ford engines.   :devil:  :D  :)  :0

Paul.

Just for the record:

4x4 Cossie = T5 gearbox

XR4x4 = MT75 gearbox (a bit more fragile in my previous XR4x4 owning experience - maybe it was my driving style! )

I still recon the XR4x4 is a very underrated 'sporting' Ford - they'll be collectable in the future in my opinion!

Jon

The MT75 in the XR isn't suitable for fitting in to a Westfield, 'cos it had a massice transfer box for the front drive on it......Pre 89 XR's had a modified type 9 in them, IIRC......

And as Jon says, it's definitely under rated as far as "performance" saloons go. The transmision is as quiet now as it was when new, 'cos I looked after it.......

It'd be a great starting point for a resto project, or a pretty decent tow car/run-about..........

Steve M

Backatcha......

Blatman,

Have you tried advertising it here.  Its the XR owners club site (I think).  Got the link off a guy I work with who is a member of their owners club.  He said that there may well be people there interested either for parts or purely to strip down as a track day car.

smayo

• 2 weeks later...

Smayo.

Thanks for the link. I was an XROC member (for 5 years) until it came up for renewal last time.........

I have submitted an ad there. We just need to see if it gets past their admin fella.........fingers crossed........

Wroxy

More than the purple pimpmobile :p  :p  :p

I have a 4x4 owner friemd who may want it for spares !! will ask him and get back to you !! What will you take for it and where do you hail ??

:t-up:

I'll take a sensible offer, bearing in mind that it is currently still (just) road legal in all respects.

I'm in North/West London, but I'll happilly travel (a bit) to get shot of it.......

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'll now consider derisory offers   :(  :(

Depends who's offering what :0  :0  :D  :D

Everything I have is for sale, it's just the price.........

ebay with no reserve is the way to go.

Friend of mine had an 'average' 924 race car that he couldn't out for £500, put it on with no reserve...

... £1400 !

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.