New member saying hi

Victor Meldrew

It looks perfectly genuine and will have cost more than 12K to build. Age is unimportant. As others have said, if it fits you and you like it, go for it...

:ww: Agree with previous comments. Having just built my first Westfield, and loving the driving experience, my advice would be if you are happy with the car, go for it. I found it just took a bit of time to get my head around the fact it's a "big toy" as opposed to a means of mundane transport. Makes me smile just looking at it in the garage, sad or what,

Best of luck whatever ou decide to do, please keep us updated. When you take the plunge, highly recommend going along to your local area meet, they're a friendly, welcoming bunch in my experience.

If anything the age is an advantage! Certain things, like the grp bodywork, were better in the past than they have been for a few years.

Its history is a real bonus.

As I said in my first post, a car’s age, whether it’s the component age, or the age of first registration, with kit cars like these, is regarded as almost the least important quality about any particular car, when deciding its value. Because of how they’re used and looked after, it’s just not that relevant.

In the few photos we have, the condition looks good, that’s the most important thing, the extra history is a real cherry on top though!

• Like 2

Super decision, make sure you come along to the club meetings, even in your "Tin-Top" its a great social group, with lots of very helpful people and advice, a great community,

• Like 3

That extra bit of “history” and the quality of the build will add to the car’s value way more than it’s registration or purchase age. Now it has that bit of info, it is certainly looking like the right price (assuming it does indeed look good in the flesh)

Luke @Plays-Kool might also know more. 

Next step is cough up for full membership as that will be the best value accessory you can add to your new toy :t-up:

• Like 4

I wonder why, after spending so much time, money and effort do seemingly lots of people decide to sell after hardly using their westy? The one I am buying has had two owners already before me and not even done 3k miles yet!

For some it's the building........not me but even with the best laid plans I think I've only  managed 1k this year

Some people prefer building them than driving them plus it's much easier to pop in the garage to tinker than it is to get out for a blat with weather & time to work around.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Victor Meldrew said:

I wonder why, after spending so much time, money and effort do seemingly lots of people decide to sell after hardly using their westy? The one I am buying has had two owners already before me and not even done 3k miles yet!

Yes, it sounds strange to me as well, most Kit Cars will have a high number of owners throughout the years and not much mileage.   Lots are bought on a Wim and used sparingly on a summer weekend only.  Younger owners do also have young families and mortgages to fund so find it hard to use the car often.  The hardcore members on this forum are always out and about and on a track somewhere winter and summer.

Don't let yours slowly fall to the back of the garage under dust sheets with flat tyres.

• Like 1