It's taken a while.....

PaulD23

It's taken a while but today I took delivery of my new toy, very pleased and also very surprised with the insurance, which was £211 including classic car recovery... 

Would be great to meet up with other owners, I'd like to make a couple of changes but would appreciate the advice of those with experience. 

Hope to meet some of you soon. 

Paul 

PS thanks again @Ali and Gail - smiles per second is certainly the phrase of the day!

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

Thank you, really happy with it. Only want to make a couple of small changes, new harnesses, bigger steering wheel and possibly wet weather gear. Although thought I'd get advice from others before hand. 

For my wet weather gear, I use a half hood that I got from Soft Bits for Sevens, a set of half doors, Perspex wind deflectors and a set of front mud flaps. 

I have spent hours in biblical rain like that and much prefer it to the full hood and full doors.

I stay dry, can see out as windows are not steaming up and the noise is also bearable.

IMG_2816.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG

That's great, thank you for the advice. I'll check out the website, it definitely seems like the half hood is the most popular option. 

I think you're right, maybe getting used to it is the best option. It's just worlds away from what I'm used to, but then again I guess that's what all this is about haha

Hi again @PaulD23 and proper big fat :ww: this time. Gail says "love it" when I showed her a picture of you new steed! It's a fine looking machine indeed.

First bit of advice, drive it every second you can, winter will be along soon enough and you will have plenty of time for your own mods and spending money when the weathers really bad.

Cold winter days are fun to, just wrap up well. A Westy's not just for summer/dry use.

As for wet weather I have exactly the same set up as @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO. A good water proof set as well and you'll be fine.

See you soon

Ali and Gail

Thanks @Ali and Gail

Great advice, I'll definitely be making the most of the weather, don't mind the cold but the sun makes it a significantly better expeperience :) I'll definitely follow the advice and go with the half hood, don't mind being exposed to the elements, just a little protection so I can assure the wife her hair will be fine.... haha

Seems I'm relatively close to a few meets so hoping to get to a couple soon.

14 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Enjoy the new toy Paul. As for the wheel, try and get used to it, I love my SPA wheel, but I may know someone who might be interested if you dont. @Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO is probably your AO for organising runs and meets

Thanks

Yes welcome, please come along to our next meet, details are in my signature strip below.

Whereabouts in Oxfordshire are you based?

I will do, thank you.. (although need to get an oil leak fixed first, and have no idea what I'm doing)! 

I'm in Wroxton so not too far from The Rock of Gibraltar :)

Looking forward to meeting you soon. 

Thank you for the offer of help, much appreciated :) I have very limited mechanical knowledge so apologies in advance... 

I've not been able to see where it's actually coming from, just that it's black and there's  a fair amount of it. Luckily the person I purchased it from is happy to look at it, although it would still be good to learn moving forward. 

Just the one pic and not the greatest, I'll try and get some better pics tomorrow when there's more light. 

IMG_0198.JPG