What's your favourite acronym?

DonPeffers

I'll start us off with one I noticed today and had previously never heard of-----SNAFU which is  Situation Normal: All Fouled Up,  although some versions use a different F word. 

Apparently of North American origin.

FUBAR

'ed up beyond all recognition.

One I first heard in an old film - Blue Thunder, then heard in real life. JAFO, Just Another ahem, Observer

(Hmm, I'm noticing I have a theme here :oops: )

Following NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) you have BANANA (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything).

TLA which by its own definition is a TLA > Three Letter Acronym

EBSAK > Error Between Seat and Keyboard > Used in the old days of computer support to indicated a dim user

To add to the SNAFU and FUBAR which I believe to be from the armed forces I present...

CF > Charlie Foxtrot > Cluster F*** > Which is to run about in a small group like headless chickens or to roll a grenade into your commanding officers tent

JFDI > Just flipping do it > follow the orders and don't ask questions

8 minutes ago, John K said:

to roll a grenade into your commanding officers tent

Alternatively known as fragging! As in to roll a fragmentation grenade... 

3 minutes ago, Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

Are there any without an 'F' word in them? :o

None that can be said with real feeling...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FLK funny looking kid, TF Bundy totally f****ed but unfortunately not dead yet, NFN normal for Norfolk. Seemingly hard-heated medic-speak.

2 hours ago, Stuart Faulkner - Shows & Events Coordinator said:

Are there any without an 'F' word in them? :o

This may or may not be true, but I've been told previously that the F word itself is an acronym.  Historically, in the navy, crew were supposed to keep to themselves when the ships docked, but had a habit of getting friendly with the local female population.  Any caught doing so were punished.  The punishment was recorded in the ship captain's log "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". This was a bit of a mouthful, so the world's favourite acronym was born.

• Like 1

BOBFOC

Body of baywatch face of crimewatch 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TLC. Tender Loving Care.

In my younger days I ran a half marathon for charity. One very special and beautiful lady offered TLC. As a naive chap I asked what that meant, and she said if I completed in good time I would find out.... 

• Like 2

TLA which has been mentioned already. Quite like WSCC...