• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Le Mans for beginners! Packaged trips.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary You did really well to get a shot of @greenstreak vertical IMG_5638.thumb.JPG.e1e307f2becd8bbd6db633fbceef8404.JPG

we we did indeed have an epic trip though.5953efd4bea4d_FullSizeRender17.thumb.jpg.990c9188ba1521672a14e0d5a67044ed.jpg

• Like 3

Excellent. I saw @bquansah  track side but missed the rest of you unfortunately. Whilst not in the Westfield this year, I'll post a couple of pics, details on our route and "tips" for Le Mans too...

• Like 1

Ah @IanK That's unfair, @greenstreak wasn't always horizontal, 

IMG_0867.JPG

No, no, you're right, he was mainly horizontal...

IMG_0869.JPG

I'm in so much trouble now...

• Like 1

Yes, bumped into Mr Chairman which was nice!  Brilliant trip and very lucky with the weather and the battle between the Corvette and the Astons was exciting! Parked in the Blue car park but did not see any of your westies.  I know Mark (smokey mow) was there but didn't see him. Hoping to do the classic Le Mans in July next year!

• Like 2

We could see Team Derby & Notts flag from where our tent was, but despite keeping an eye out for Del and Garry, never actually crossed paths. But then there were the best part of quarter of a million people there, I believe!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few more pics of our Tri Coloured trip to Le Mans and back

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5672.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5788.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 22:13, bquansah said:

:yes: :yes::yes: Not an easy place to spot people I agree! 

IMG_1658.JPG

I was here the same afternoon.. the new gt40 was also  there... and spotted the red Westfield. 

Excellent review @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

I was in the other speed chills site and again they did a good job.This year was the 5 year at doing a package trip and although a bit more expensive it's very handy. Ian said he was in that site so we popped in (as the wrist bands get you into either site) but didn't see any of you guys .

This was the first time at least Mans with speedchills  we normally use 1st tickets who organise the piston heads site in bleu nord also a good site but as I went to the Dayton 24hr in January with speedchills and was impressed with the package I decided to do LM with them 

The two company's packages are Very similar in price and what you get 

1st tickets , the pitch layout is a lot better layed out  and when you arrived you get a beer token which is really nice touch but the down side is you need to select a time slot in advance for your breakfast and evening meal Which can be a pain and you also get a breakfast on Monday morning 

Speedchills. camping pitches were a bit all over the place . Meals when you want to eat a big projector in marquee and a live band .

The biggest difference between the two is the 1st tickets is a quieter site  with a less rowdy crowd 

• Like 2

Similar on our site, pitches were all marked out, and seemed pretty organised, but I've nothing to compare against :)

We had the projector and screen setup with rolling coverage, (Eurosport?) We did have something on in the marquee on the Saturday night, a pub quiz or something, there was music too, later, but TBH, by that point we were more intent on getting a few hours shut eye, before heading out again, around midnight to the Porsche Curves to watch some night racing and see the dawn in.

In a way, I quite liked the "scale" of our site, and although it was only a short walk to the main entrance, ~10 minutes? It also felt far enough out to be a bit more chilled and gave you the opportunity to catch your breath, when you wanted to.

• Like 1

Oh god yes, that was agony!

Lesson well and truely learnt on that one. A small back pack/day bag with plenty of suntan cream and some wet wipes to de-gunk your hands afterwards, (along with drinking water etc). We all just kept piling on the suntan cream, (high factors, too, I got some factor 50 while out there), at regular intervals.

I also burn really bad and I tried that once a day stuff I was using at Silverstone which ruined my clothes 

This time I but it on after morning shower and sat in the shade in an old pair of shorts untill it dried off then got dressed .no problems what so ever with staining and I came home whiter than I went