• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Nick M

• Al Yupright

• FATBOY

Top Posters In This Topic

240 is the price, pay it, or dont buy one! These threads seem to have been dragging on, over something fairly minor.

Do you haggle on everything you buy??

Jan - I gotta agree with Al - its Westfield business they can charge what they like for the products and service they supply   ;)  :)  as do many many other companies  ;)  :D

Do we shop at Asda, and then stand at the check-out and haggle in the hope of getting Netto prices - Nope  ;)  :)

The country is full of differing suppliers at varying rates - its up to you as the consumer to look and choose your source  ;)  :)

It is Only £12 I know it is more the point.

What point  ???  ???  there ain't one  ;)  If you want a Westfield aeroscreen then buy one - do an extra 15 minutes overtime at work and you won't notice the price difference  :D  :)  :D

Do we shop at Asda, and then stand at the check-out and haggle in the hope of getting Netto prices - Nope

;) .........speak for yourself, bigman, :cool: judicious haggling is the spice of life. If someone wants my money then they'd better be prepared to work for it and Westfield Ltd is no different. :devil:  :)  :devil:  :)

If someone wants my money then they'd better be prepared to work for it and Westfield Ltd is no different.

I'd be interested to see you haggle over the price of a new chassis then....  :p

Hmmm, I think that's confusing something you can only get from Westfield (within reason), e.g. bodywork (including aeroscreen), chassis, rear uprights, wishbones, etc., with things you can source more cheaply elsewhere, e.g. windscreen glass, Polo radiators, wheels / tyres, etc.

I'd be interested to see you haggle over the price of a new chassis then....  

:0 ........admittedly, I haven't haggled over a chassis recently, but in 1993, following an altercation with a lamppost I had to buy a new chassis. At the time I was working as a community nurse and the Westfield :love: was my only car and money was short. Westfield, to their credit, were willing to knock a few quid off and, threw in a set of off-side wishbones to boot.

:D......it was, and if you don't ask you tend not to get. When getting discounts I usually ask for extras or upgrades instead of money off. My golden rules are: be friendly and chatty, ask don't demand, but do expect.

:( ......never seems to work with bl**** barmaids though.

I thought we had an unwritten rule on here that if anyone had a gripe with the factory then they should take it up with them direct.  No-one from Westfield is going to come on here to defend themselves, their prices or their products because it would turn this board into a joke - everyone would expect an answer from the factory on everything posted which ain't gonna happen.

Ditto for the 'missing bits' thread.

Mike :sheep:

Point taken, but on the other hand, don't we as consumers have the right to know exactly what we're up against?   It is one thing to unjustly slate a company, but quite another to put people in the picture as to what sort of service we can expect.   After all, Westfields do have a monopoly on certain components.   In my experience with certain members of their team, they appear to be rather arrogant.   On the other hand, they are also very helpful, and I couldn't think of completing my project without them.

I guess they're no better or worse than most other companies generally.

The bottom line is.....

Their product is the best, that's why we're here isn't it?