Le Man's 2017

Sparkymart

I've just received the latest edition of Westfield world and was reading the article by @Andy Banks - Chairman our new Mr chairman and noticed he's going to Le Man next week anyone else going? 

In taking the Westy for the first time with my son (Which is one of the Reason's I brought it 5 year's ago) 

I'm camping with the speedchills gang near Porsche curves be good to try and meet up .I know it's easier said than done lol

I'm off on Wednesday using a motorhome for the first time, we pitch at a farmhouse on the Arnage rd just down from the Porsche curves roundabout

Meet ups are not easy one best places to meet Tertre Rouge barge generally get in there on Saturday around 4.30, Ill keep eye open for your Westfield

We are staying off site in RiveSarth and I think we are seated by the Dunlop bridge. Must be an opportunity to meet...

6 hours ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

We are staying off site in RiveSarth and I think we are seated by the Dunlop bridge. Must be an opportunity to meet...

Oooh look at you .... you've got seats lol my seat is wherever I can find space for my camping chair :getmecoat:

Do you head over to the village to the Guinness tent on Saturday night ?

That must be the stand overlooking the chicane  nice spot Audi had a viewing platform on the opposite side of the track last year if I can remember correctly

I know posh eh...?

Guiness tent sounds good, I'll check the intinerary, I'm just a passanger on this one so will check with the "Team Leader" ;)

34 minutes ago, Andy Banks - Chairman said:

I know posh eh...?

Guiness tent sounds good, I'll check the intinerary, I'm just a passanger on this one so will check with the "Team Leader" ;)

Sounds like you're going with the Mrs.....lol

Nope, friends and friends of friends. My first time two years ago, we skipped last year but decided to go for it again this year. It was well organised last time so another chance for me to sit back, enjoy the ride and not have to worry about things.

I think this will be my 20th Le Mans, but I've lost count now :oops: for me it's as much about the atmosphere of the place as it is the racing.

We're staying about 30mins out from the circuit at La Ferte Bernard and have seats right on the finish line but most of the time we'll be roaming.

You must own seats by now Mark lol 

This Will he my 10 year on the bounce but been 12 time's.you must really notice the change better and worse 

6 minutes ago, Sparkymart said:

You must own seats by now Mark lol 

This Will he my 10 year on the bounce but been 12 time's.you must really notice the change better and worse 

I certainly have seen some changes.

It was interesting to see the expansion of the "village" area when Audi arrived and invested heavily in its development so i'm expecting their absence to be noticable this year

23 minutes ago, Mark (smokey mow) - Joint Essex AO said:

I certainly have seen some changes.

It was interesting to see the expansion of the "village" area when Audi arrived and invested heavily in its development so i'm expecting their absence to be noticable this year

I was wondering the same thing about Audi their investment must have been massive , I'm half expecting it to be Porsche to be the main name there this year. I'm taking a couple of newbies this year so it Will probably be a bit more hectic as I'll be trying to make sure they get to see everything they want to see