• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Curborough Sprint Course breakfast meet Sat 13 May

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

23 hours ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

A most excellent day out, full of Westfields, starting off watching the sprinting at Curborough. There were Trevturtle, IanK, Paul Hammond(VX220), Gail and Ali, Alan, Chris and Dave. Conversation was only interrupted when a Westfield went past on the track and everyone went 'lens up'

DSC00496.JPG 

After receiving some good advice about my lambda sensor and the more important subject of how to navigate by sex shops. @AndrewBClarke you should have been there, Sex Shop Rob was mentioned. Curborough is difficult to find and the A38 all looks the same, but if you come from the North, like me, you just take the turning after the sex shop, easy. Like when we used to meet at the sex shop for the Horsepower at the Hall. No-one forgets where the sex shops are.

Moving quickly on, cake time, I mean lunchtime was fast approaching, so we gathered together for Ian to take our photo as we left, which was mighty kind of him. Dave, Chris, Alan, Ian and me headed into the Peak District, to end up at The Tea Junction in Hulme End. We could all have had single seater cars today. Chris commented that when we turned onto the smaller, back roads, he thought 'here we go, she's leading us straight into cow poo land again' True to some extent, but it is all dried up and the cars stayed clean, thankfully.

We had lunch, followed by cake, lemon curdy cake for me, oh heaven, then some free flapjack for being good customers, then more tea. All this allowed time for the conversation to head downhill, as it usually does, Ian had us in stitches with his 'taxi' stories. To think, I went in his car last time we were out, if I only had known!!

DSC00506.JPG

DSC00508.JPG

I think this lot are looking for Glen, you won't find him there, he is with his glove in the lost property box

DSC00507.JPG

Thanks for coming everyone and thanks to the Speed Series guys for making us welcome when you probably have a lot going on.

DSC00493.JPG

DSC00494.JPG

DSC00495.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

DSC00504.JPG

just before @Lee Smith pinged it

Whoops.... Best Buddy Nomination! @Lee Smith

After the year I've had... this is a walk in the park...

lee.jpg

• Like 3

b*******, just realized I must have lost a nose cone/bonnet grommet when we doing the whole bonnets off bit at Curborough.

Anyone got one or two spare, by any chance?

10 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

b*******, just realized I must have lost a nose cone/bonnet grommet when we doing the whole bonnets off bit at Curborough.

Anyone got one or two spare, by any chance?

@bunje Can you help Dave?

Fantastic, thanks Ben, PM received and replied to.

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary, I've superglued mine to the nose cone to prevent recurrence!

2 hours ago, IanK said:

@Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary, I've superglued mine to the nose cone to prevent recurrence!

One of mine already was! Still managed to loose it last year though! I will be doing both of them again with a bit of superglue, it certainly helps.