Stoneleigh 2017 - Feedback and ideas thread.

Trevor Little (Trevturtle) - Treasurer

Perhaps the factory could have a small section on our pitch, inside our out with their own gazebo, and a car for people to sit in. They could talk cost for new cars then too and go over the buying options.

I also think if they offered' normal' passenger rides/laps of the area at a safe speed people would be keen. A tamer alternative to the drift experience.

Would it be mutually beneficial to be working closer with the factory at the show? We have quite a big space to use. 

As @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said, I can't imagine anyone turning up to a Club meet (with cars there) being turned down for a passenger ride.

Personally, I would always try and encourage any potential member/owner by taking them for a spin - and am sure many (if not all) of my fellow members would do likewise - and am always happy to give them the lowdown on what's what (based on my own personal journey)

So the same idea at the show might work... but how insurance would be covered is another matter...

• Like 3

Why is insurance an issue?? I'm pretty sure that there is no small print that says passengers are not insured (other than at a track day for example).

( I'm not very good at reading small print actually)!

15 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

Why is insurance an issue?? I'm pretty sure that there is no small print that says passengers are not insured (other than at a track day for example).

( I'm not very good at reading small print actually)!

Honestly don't know. Just thought that if it's a "personal" thing then that's one story and if it's a "club" thing that's another. So if we were to offer punters a ride is it club or personal if things go Pete Tong?

Think the insurance small print will state 'hire or reward' at some point. Could be a grey area as to whether it's a reward for expressing an interest in the car.

i have no issue with taking people out in the car though 

I have no problem taking passengers out in mine either. Where I'd want to do some checking though is if the "club" is organizing who rides in what, and club members are helping load people in and out of cars at a show.

The clubs insurance, and I will recheck the documents if it's something we want to look into has always been strictly static displays only, when it comes to public liability. We are not covered for moving vehicles.

My point was more that we need to check with our own insurance as individuals, to see if it's likely to be a problem, as well as at a club level.

AFAIK Dave is spot on. Club liabilities are for static only so we would not be covered for any "moving display". Offering rides would count as moving and may be interpreted as Club organised. A simple form obsolving the club and agreeing at own risk etc might be a route to consider.

We should investigate further as Dave has suggested as it's a great idea and should be promoted if we can work the insurance out and have willing owners...

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman unpinned this topic